Employee Termination Letter SampleStartup Law ResourcesEmployment Law, Human Resources
This employee termination letter is available for use on UpCounsel. Download this free employee termination letter sample below and have it customized for your unique business legal needs to better protect your company today.
EMPLOYEE TERMINATION LETTER
Dear [Employee Name],
We regret to inform you that your employment with [Company] has been terminated as of [Date of Termination]/or immediately.
[If applicable, discuss reasons why employment with the company has been terminated].
It is essential that you [describe anything that needs to be completed before termination. For example, returning company equipment/materials, returning company car, or any administrative work that is required like travel expenses, etc.].
[If applicable, discuss any benefits the employee may receive and if there is any remaining holiday pay, etc.].
Thank you for your time at [Company] and best of luck to you.
[Name of HR Manager or Employer]
Any [GREEN] highlighted language is intended to be filled in by the user. Any [YELLOW] highlighted language is considered optional or conditional by the attorney community. Consult with an attorney before using this document. This document is not a substitute for legal advice or services. Refer to our Terms of Service for more details.
This form has been prepared for general informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, advertising, a solicitation, or tax advice. Transmission of this form and the information contained herein is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon this document or information for any purpose without seeking legal advice from an appropriately licensed attorney, including without limitation to review and provide advice on the terms of this form, the appropriate approvals required in connection with the transactions contemplated by this form, and any securities law and other legal issues contemplated by this form or the transactions contemplated by this form.
Hire the top 5% of business lawyers and save up to 60% on legal fees
- Atlanta Employment Lawyers
- Austin Employment Lawyers
- Boston Employment Lawyers
- Chicago Employment Lawyers
- Dallas Employment Lawyers
- Houston Employment Lawyers
- Los Angeles Employment Lawyers
- New York Employment Lawyers
- Philadelphia Employment Lawyers
- San Francisco Employment Lawyers
- Seattle Employment Lawyers
- Charlotte Employment Lawyers
- Denver Employment Lawyers
- Jacksonville Employment Lawyers
- Las Vegas Employment Lawyers
- Phoenix Employment Lawyers
- Portland Employment Lawyers
- San Antonio Employment Lawyers
- San Diego Employment Lawyers
- San Jose Employment Lawyers
- View All Employment Lawyers