Philadelphia Immigration Attorneys & Lawyers
How it Works
Pura Rodriguez, Jd, Mba
Anushree Sagi Nakkana
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyers
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
Do you have an immigration issue? If so, you should hire an attorney. The waiting time to meet with government officials is long, and you'll want advice on how to speed up the process. A lawyer can lessen your cost on application fees and documents. Plus, they'll increase your odds of success with your case. You shouldn't trust the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) workers to offer useful tips. Immigration lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, can save you a lot of time and effort.
When Do You Need an Immigration Lawyer?
- Immigration Court Case: Anyone facing a deportation hearing needs legal advice. Basic legal documents no longer matter. A top attorney can argue the case of why you should stay in the United States.
- Unsure of Green Card Eligibility: The rules about who qualifies for a green card are complex. You need to ask someone who knows the rules. The best lawyers are able to help find ways for you to get a green card, making you a permanent resident of the United States.
- Deported but Want to Return: From outside the United States, you'll have little power to fight a deportation ruling. You need a top attorney to help you. The likely reasons you're not allowed into the country are that you've committed a crime or lied to the American government. Your lawyer can argue why you deserve another chance.
- Denied Entry to the United States: When immigration officials prevent you from entering the country, your options are limited. You need to learn everything you can about the reason for denial. A top attorney will research the problem and offer tips on how to convince the government to let you into the United States.
- Facing Long Delays: One of the most helpful things an immigration lawyer can do is speed up the process. With years of experience in the field, the best attorneys know the causes of these delays. They can suggest ways to avoid waiting on the government. While some delays are inevitable, great legal advice can cut off some of them. You can save months, maybe even years this way.
- Don't Understand Paperwork: Visa and green card documents and applications are tough to read. A person who fills out anything wrong has to start all over again. In some instances, they may suffer automatic refusal. You can't risk that sort of mistake. It could stop you from becoming a resident of the United States. Ask a lawyer to help you fill out the paperwork.
Questions for an Immigration Lawyer
- Which immigration cases have you handled?
- What's your success rate with immigration applications and cases?
- Are you qualified to handle my specific case? If so, do you have specific experience with this matter?
- What are the chances of a successful case?
- How often will you update me?
- What's your current case workload?
- Will I speak with anyone else from your office? If so, will they know everything about my case?
- How long should the process take?
- Which documents do you need from me?
- Which applications do I need to fill out?
- How much should I expect to pay the U.S. government for application fees?
How to Find the Best Immigration Lawyer
Your first step is to find someone who is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. To offer legal advice about immigration, a person must pass the Pennsylvania Bar Exam first. They also have to pass character and fitness exams judged by the Pennsylvania Board of Law Examiners.
- When considering a lawyer, do a search to make sure they're in good standing in the legal profession. Top lawyers won't have complaints filed against them. You can check the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania online. You can also call them to ask about a specific member.
- You should check an attorney's qualifications as an immigration expert. Most lawyers post biographies online. These list qualifications and accomplishments in the industry. You should choose someone with a long list of immigration successes.
Legal Considerations When Hiring Immigration Lawyers in Philadelphia
- Demand Regular Updates: Since you have so much at stake, you need a lawyer who will keep you updated about your status. Look for someone who replies quickly to your early questions. That's a good sign that they're reliable and won't have long periods without updates.
- Ask about Legal Fees: Since the immigration process is slow, you need to know how much your lawyer will charge you for their services. They'll likely have a combination of flat fees for applications and documents, and billable hours for the work that they do. Make sure you can afford the full cost. If not, try to negotiate the rate to get the important work done at an acceptable price.
A Philadelphia immigration lawyer is your best bet to handle your case successfully. Thanks to their legal advice, you should get the outcome you want faster than if you did it on your own.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Philadelphia Immigration Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Philadelphia Immigration Attorneys
Our Philadelphia immigration attorneys & lawyers can help you or your company secure a work visa for business-related matters, such as advising you on obtaining a short-term visa for business trip or a work visa that will allow an employee or executive work within the United States or abroad for an extended period of time.
Some of the types of visas that the Philadelphia immigration attorneys on UpCounsel have helped clients obtain include: H-1B visas, which is for temporary employment in specialty occupations, O-1 visas, where an individual possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, L-1, which is for employees of an international company with offices in both the United States and abroad, E-2 visa, which is for investors, along with several other popular work visas.
Whether you or your company requires advice on obtaining a work visa for an executive, employee, or foreign national in regards to U.S. immigration or matters abroad such as: visitor visas, employee work visas, legal permanent residence (green cards), investor visas, and citizenship - our immigration attorneys can help you throughout the entire process.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Immigration Attorneys that service Philadelphia, PA.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."