Fort Worth Startup Lawyers
Why Hire a Startup Lawyer?
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is becoming a startup hub with one of the highest concentrations of high-tech workers in the country, so there are several important reasons a startup company here should should hire the best startup lawyer in Fort Worth at the very beginning of its business.
- Texas laws and regulations: It is unlikely that you are up to date on the latest rules and regulations that Texas state law requires of businesses. A startup lawyer will be. It is best to ensure that you are not breaking any laws and that you are registering everything in the proper way from the very beginning.
- Tax responsibilities: A good startup lawyer in Fort Worth will be able to ensure that you not only are meeting your tax obligations at the state and federal level, but also that you are receiving any tax breaks that you may be eligible for.
- Liability issues: It's best to make sure that you are not liable for misunderstandings during interactions with customers, suppliers, employees, or the general public. This helps you avoid any lawsuits before they can occur.
- Contracts: Whether they are with customers, suppliers, or business partners, contracts are very important. You want someone on your side who understands all of the legal jargon and who can ensure you are getting the best possible deal.
- Business licenses and permits: A startup lawyer can help you determine all of the necessary licenses, permits, certifications, registrations, and authorizations that are specific to your business on the federal, state, and local level. If you require permits to operate across city, county, or state borders, a local Fort Worth attorney will know best what you require.
- Business registration: If you plan to incorporate or become a limited liability company, you will want to consult with a business lawyer. He or she can help explain what each type of business registration means and which will be best for your company.
How to Find the Best Startup Lawyer in Fort Worth
Finding the best startup lawyer in Fort Worth can be a difficult task. With its proximity to Dallas, you are likely to have an enormous pool of attorneys to choose from.
- Start by asking business people you trust for recommendations. Speak to others in your industry who deal with similar issues that you think you will face for the names of their lawyers. Ask your accountant or other small business owners who may not be in your niche, but are in the area of Fort Worth where you want to operate. If people are willing to give you a contact, ask them what they think of the lawyer. Find out as much as you can without being pushy.
- Do your research. You can find names of more lawyers from the Texas Bar Association. Then look them up. Find out as much as you can about them and explore whether or not they would be a good fit for your startup.
- Make a short list. Once you've done all your research, make a list of no more than five startup attorneys you want to speak with. Get their contact details and make appointments to speak with them. This is a good opportunity to gauge whether or not they are easily available. If they don't answer your emails or return your phone calls, they're probably not going to be someone who can meet your startup needs.
- Speak with candidates in person. You want to see if you have a connection. You want to be able to explain exactly what you require as a startup business and what your company is all about. Your future lawyer should understand the vision you have for your business and be able to demonstrate how they're going to help you reach your goals.
- Talk about price. While the cost shouldn't be the main reason you choose a lawyer, startup lawyers should have reasonable rates because they know companies in this phase don't have excessive amounts to spend on legal fees.
Questions for Startup Lawyers
When you meet with the lawyers on your short list, you should have several questions prepared to make sure you find the best startup lawyer for your business.
- Have you worked with startup businesses before?
If you haven't been able to find this out from your research, it's something you should ask right away. If they haven't worked with startups in the past, you don't want to be their first.
- Will anyone else from the firm be working with me?
If anyone else will be handling your business, you should know about it upfront. You should also know how much that person charges as well. Every lawyer will have different fees, and knowing exactly what your costs will be is vital before signing on with any firm.
- Have you worked with other businesses in my niche?
If you're a tech startup and they mostly work with brick-and-mortar startups, it may be difficult for them to understand exactly what you need from them. Although it may not be a huge deal-breaker, it's something you should know about them. Having someone who has worked in your niche before could mean they have contacts, or even be able to introduce you to suppliers or customers.
A Fort Worth startup attorney who is a good fit for your business is one of the first people you should form a relationship with.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Fort Worth Startup Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Fort Worth Startup Attorneys
On UpCounsel, you can find and connect with top-rated Fort Worth startup attorneys & lawyers that provide a range of startup law services for startups and entrepreneurs that are starting a business. Any of the top-rated Fort Worth startup lawyers you connect with will be available to help with a variety of your startup law related legal needs on-demand or on an ongoing basis in the city of Fort Worth, TX.
From primarily dealing with things like business formation, contracts, leases, equity financing, securities, and intellectual property protection, the Fort Worth startup lawyers on UpCounsel can help you with a variety of specialized and general startup law related legal matters. No matter what type of startup law needs you have, you can easily hire an experienced Fort Worth startup lawyer on UpCounsel to help you today.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Startup Attorneys that service Fort Worth, TX.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."