Release of Liability
The Release of Liability protects a company from being liable if someone is injured. Typically for companies where a user will do something physical.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I, [ENTER NAME OF PARTICIPANT] of [ENTER ADDRESS OF PARTICIPANT] (the “Participant”)
In consideration of being permitted to [ENTER NATURE OF ACTIVITY] (the “Activity”) arranged and offered by [ENTER COMPANY/BUSINESS NAME] (the ‘Company’) do agree as follows:
1. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I understand that participation in the Activity will expose me to risks to my person and my possessions including but not limited to:
(a) [ENTER SPECIFIC RISKS]
I acknowledge that I have been advised by the Company of such risks and dangers as well as the need to act in a responsible manner at all times. I understand that I may suffer physical injury, sickness or death, or damage to my property as a result of my participation in the Activity. I freely and voluntarily accept and assume all such risks, dangers and hazards. I understand that despite its efforts, the Company may not be able to ensure my safety at all times from such risks and dangers.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RESPONSIBILITY. I understand that it is my responsibility to abide by all applicable policies of the Company, to follow any and all instructions of the Company, its employees, contractors or agents and to ensure that I have adequate medical, personal health, dental and accident coverage, as well as coverage of my personal possessions. More particularly, I appreciate the Company does not carry insurance for my benefit. I agree there may be certain matters for which I should be held at fault personally if the circumstances do not relate to or arise from the Activity or my conduct falls short of what would be considered reasonable. I agree to be accountable in all respects for my own actions in these instances and will not attempt to hold the Company or its employees, contractors or agents responsible. I agree to be responsible for any and all claims made against the Company in relation to such actions.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I release and hold harmless the Company, its employees, contractors and agents from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense, that I may suffer as a result of my participation in the Activity, including, but not limited to, accidents, acts of God, war, civil unrest, sickness, transformation, scheduling, government restrictions, or regulations and any and all expenses which I may incur while participating in the Activity. This waiver is effective for the period that I will be participating in the Activity. I understand that this agreement cannot be modified or interpreted except in writing by both the Company and myself and that no oral modifications or interpretation shall be valid.
4. GUARDIANS CONSENT. I, [ENTER NAME OF GUARDIAN] of [ENTER ADDRESS OF GUARDIAN] consent to the participation of the Participant in the Activity, and agree on behalf of the Participant to all of the terms and conditions of this Waiver. I am the the parent or legal guardian of the Participant and warrant and agree I have the full legal authority to sign this Agreement as guardian of Participant.
5. MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION OF GUARDIAN. In the event of an injury to the Participant during the duration of the Activity I give my permission to the Company, its employees, contractors or agents to arrange for all necessary medical treatment for the Participant until such time as I can be contacted whereupon such authorization shall be revoked unless otherwise agreed by me. I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the provisions of this Waiver and without limiting the generality of the foregoing shall be responsible for any and all costs pertaining to any such medical treatment described in this paragraph 5.
6. ENUREMENT. This Agreement shall be binding on my respective successors and permitted assigns, including but not limited to in the event of my death.
7. INDEPENDENT ADVICE. I represent and warrant to the Company and acknowledge and agree that I had the opportunity to seek and was not prevented nor discouraged by the Company from seeking independent legal advice prior to signing this Waiver and where I have not done so prior to signing this Waiver, I did so voluntarily without any undue pressure and agree that any failure of me to obtain independent legal advice shall not be used by me as a defence to the enforcement of this Agreement by the Company.
8. GOVERNING LAW. I agree that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with and any dispute hereunder shall be resolved under the laws of the county of [Enter County] and the State of California.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND I ACKNOWLEDGE MY RESPONSIBILITIES AND THE EFFECT OF THIS LIABILITY WAIVER.
Signature (PARTICIPANT): ________________________________________
Signature (GUARDIAN): ________________________________________
EMERGENCY CONTACT. In case of an emergency, please call:
__________________________________________[ENTER NAME OF CONTACT],
________________________________________[ENTER PHONE NUMBER] (Day), or
_______________________________________[ENTER PHONE NUMBE
Any [GREEN] highlighted language is intended to be filled in by the user. Any [YELLOW] highlighted language is considered optional or conditional by the attorney community. Consult with an attorney before using this document. This document is not a substitute for legal advice or services. Refer to our Terms of Service for more details.
This form has been prepared for general informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, advertising, a solicitation, or tax advice. Transmission of this form and the information contained herein is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon this document or information for any purpose without seeking legal advice from an appropriately licensed attorney, including without limitation to review and provide advice on the terms of this form, the appropriate approvals required in connection with the transactions contemplated by this form, and any securities law and other legal issues contemplated by this form or the transactions contemplated by this form.