Seattle Contract Attorneys & Lawyers
How it Works
Seattle Contract Lawyers
Why Hire a Contract Lawyer?
Contracts are a necessary part of business, but if they aren't airtight, you leave yourself open to a bevy of problems. Hiring a contract lawyer can tackle these issues and leave you with more time to attend to your business affairs. Some reasons for hiring a contract lawyer include:
- Handling issues when they arise
- When you hire a contract lawyer, they can handle any problems before they become a true nuisance. If you're a business owner in Seattle, Washington, law has a statute of limitation on written contracts of six years and a statute of limitations of three years for oral contracts. If breached, you need someone that's going to take on the task diligently so these limits don't leave you high and dry.
- It's a variable cost
- Hiring a contract lawyer saves you money over time. If you have to draft a contract yourself or have an employee do it, not only do they not have the expertise, but it will usually take longer. With a contract attorney, you have a variable cost and you only pay for the work you need. This allows you to focus on business tasks and increase your bottom line.
- Limiting the scope
- Most contract lawyers deal only with research and writing. They don't conduct any other tasks, so they confine the workload to just those topics. With experience, this cuts down on any work you don't need and provides a foundation for a top-notch contract.
- Negotiating the Terms
- If someone presents you with a contract, but you're wary of signing it because of unfavorable terms, a contract lawyer can help iron out some of the details. The lawyer will go over the clauses of the contract, providing you with solutions and helping you consider alternatives. If you're the one writing the contract, they can help you draft the document, including everything you want in legal terms.
- Understanding the jargon
- Because many contracts are filled with legal jargon and terms you aren't familiar with, a contract attorney can pore over the document to make sure it's exactly how you want it.
How to Find the Best Contract Lawyer?
Finding the best contract lawyer isn't always as easy as it sounds. You need someone to trust that has experience and knowledge in the industry.
- Read the lawyer's testimonials
- To increase their revenue, many lawyers will take any case that's thrown their way. However, many of these attorneys practice a broad spectrum of law. This doesn't mean that they aren't qualified, but it's not the same as hiring a lawyer who only practices contract law.
- Use search resources
- One of the worst mistakes you can make regarding contract law is to pick the first lawyer you see online or in the Yellow Pages. Instead of this approach, use some beneficial resources that are out there. The Washington State Bar Association has detailed listings of practicing attorneys, and a quick search will reveal which lawyers are the ones up to the task of your contract. If you use a search engine, look for attorneys that handle specific areas of contract law such as breach of contract or contract drafting.
- Discuss the project ad nauseam
- Finding the best contract lawyer is all about first impressions. As soon as you sit down for a consultation, analyze what the attorney does. A solid attorney will ask you for all the details involving the contract before discussing anything else such as pricing. If they start off any other way, it's a red flag that you are just another client for them to earn some revenue.
- Check their experience
- Reading testimonials is a good place to start to find the best contract lawyer, but you should also see what experience they bring to the table. One aspect to look for is where they gained their experience. Top law firms always try to attract the best and brightest students, so if they've worked for some of the bigger firms in Seattle or somewhere else in the country, it's a good sign. Solo practitioners may also have experience in these firms, plus they'll offer comprehensive service that you may not get with a huge company.
Questions for a Contract Lawyer
When you finally decide on a lawyer and sit down for a consultation, make sure to ask all the right questions.
- Is there an attorney's fee provision in my contract?
- After the initial meeting, you're ready to sit down and draft the contract. One thing you need to ask is if there are any attorney's fee provisions. These fees end up costing you more in the long run, as they're dependent upon certain circumstances.
- Is there a "time of the essence" clause?
- Make sure that you have a "time of the essence" clause regarding your attorney. Including this will ensure that they handle your case immediately if there's any legal issue that arises with your contract.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Seattle Contract Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Seattle Contract Attorneys
The Seattle contract attorneys & lawyers on UpCounsel are dedicated to helping businesses save time, money, and peace of mind with contract drafting and review, negotiations, litigation support, discovery, commercial business transactions, and more.
Our independent contract attorneys are available on-demand to provide contract legal services for businesses or to support your in-house general counsel to help lighten the load for transactional matters or litigation support.
Although the work of the Seattle contract attorneys found on UpCounsel often varies they are highly experienced in legal contract activities such as commercial contract negotiations, document review in response to document subpoenas, request for production of documents, legal research, draft legal briefs, along with providing a full range of other contract legal services to businesses of any size.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Contract Attorneys that service Seattle, WA.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."