Albuquerque Startup Lawyers
Why Hire a Startup Attorney?
When you start a business, you want everything to go as smoothly as possible. Even if this is not your first business venture, you should still get expert advice — someone to guide you through the process, making sure you don't miss any steps and that everything you do is legal. There are lawyers in Albuquerque who specialize in business startups. They can help you from when you first get the idea that you want to start a business, all the way to when you earn your first dollar. This is the type of attorney you want to contact.What Is an Attorney?
This question is important. An attorney is a licensed professional who advises clients on legal matters. Other names by which people in this profession are known in the United States are "lawyer," "counsel," and "counselor." In some countries, the term "notary public" describes someone who practices law. In the U.S., this is not the case. A lawyer in the U.S. might also be a notary, but a notary is not a lawyer. Be certain that the person you are considering hiring in Albuquerque has a license to practice law in New Mexico.What Services Do Startup Attorneys Offer?
Lawyers specializing in startups help clients with the following:
- Formation of the business, including incorporation
- Business acquisition
- Business planning
- Partnership agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Raising capital
- Real estate purchase
- Rental agreements
- Employment issues
A lawyer can help you decide whether your business should be a corporation, a limited liability company (LLC), a limited liability partnership (LLP), sole proprietorship, or something else.Current Business Trends in Albuquerque
If you're thinking about starting a business in Albuquerque, don't forget to consider the current and future business environment. The best law firms have lawyers who have insight into, and specific knowledge of, the industries in which businesses are thriving. They should also be able to identify which industries are not experiencing growth. Some lawyers have been business owners outside the field of law.
Albuquerque, New Mexico's largest city largest and its primary economic center, accounts for about 50 percent of economic activity in the state. Its diverse economic base includes tourism, agriculture, manufacturing, and research and development. There are also government-funded operations. Entrepreneurs wanting to start a business in the city should look for attorneys with knowledge of these industries.
How to Find the Best Startup Attorney in Albuquerque
If someone you know has started a business in Albuquerque, ask which startup lawyer they used. If you trust your associate's judgment, ask for a referral. Reviews on non-legal websites such as Yahoo or Yellow Pages are not helpful, but other sites are. UpCounsel lists the best startup attorneys in Albuquerque.
After getting the names of attorneys who might help you, take the steps listed below.Read the Attorney Profiles
- What universities did the lawyer attend?
- What law school did the attorney attend?
- How long has the attorney been practicing law?
- How many clients has the attorney had who were starting their first business?
- What are the attorney's areas of expertise within business law?
When meeting with an attorney for the first time, consider the following:
- Where is the law firm's office located?
- What are the attorney's office hours?
- How easy is it to get an appointment?
- Is the office professional-looking?
- Does the attorney understand what help you need?
- Did the attorney pay attention to what you were saying?
- How much of what you need will the attorney ask a paralegal to do?
- How many attorneys work in the office?
- How much time does the attorney have for assisting you?
There are also steps to take and points to consider after the first meeting.
- Disciplinary Actions — Have any disciplinary actions been filed against the attorney or the law firm?
Every state monitors the disciplinary actions filed against attorneys. The New Mexico Supreme Court established the New Mexico Disciplinary Board to govern attorney conduct. The board is composed of 10 attorneys and two non-attorney members, one of whom is a physician. A Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court serves as a liaison to the Court. The Office of Disciplinary Counsel conducts the board's investigations and daily operations. Contact the board to see if any allegations of attorney misconduct or other disciplinary actions have been filed against the attorneys you are considering.
- Comfort Level — Being comfortable discussing all aspects of your business with your startup attorney is important. You need to have no qualms about truthfully answering all questions the lawyer asks.
Questions for a Startup Attorney
- What services does your firm offer?
- Have you assisted clients in my industry?
- Have you helped clients planning a business undertaking like mine?
- Have you worked with companies in the early stages of planning their business venture?
- How can I protect my intellectual property?
- Do I need to trademark anything?
- What licenses do I need?
- What contracts do I need?
- Which attorney in your firm will be helping me?
- How much time will an attorney in your firm spend each week helping me?
- What is your firm's hourly rate?
- Does your rate vary according to the type of work performed?
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Albuquerque Startup Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Albuquerque Startup Attorneys
On UpCounsel, you can find and connect with top-rated Albuquerque startup attorneys & lawyers that provide a range of startup law services for startups and entrepreneurs that are starting a business. Any of the top-rated Albuquerque startup lawyers you connect with will be available to help with a variety of your startup law related legal needs on-demand or on an ongoing basis in the city of Albuquerque, NM.
From primarily dealing with things like business formation, contracts, leases, equity financing, securities, and intellectual property protection, the Albuquerque startup lawyers on UpCounsel can help you with a variety of specialized and general startup law related legal matters. No matter what type of startup law needs you have, you can easily hire an experienced Albuquerque startup lawyer on UpCounsel to help you today.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Startup Attorneys that service Albuquerque, NM.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."