Sample Commercial Cleaning Contracts: Everything You Need to Know
Sample commercial cleaning contracts are agreements that bind a homeowner, real estate agent, office manager, or building management firm and an individual or business that carries out commercial cleaning. 3 min read
Sample commercial cleaning contracts are agreements that bind a homeowner, real estate agent, office manager, or building management firm and an individual or business that carries out commercial cleaning. These contracts set out the rules and guidelines of the contract between the individual and the cleaning business. One example of a commercial cleaning contract is an office cleaning agreement. These contracts are enforceable by the courts.
Other Terms for a Cleaning Services Agreement
A cleaning services agreement can also be referred to by the following terms:
- Cleaning services contract
- Maid service agreement
- Janitorial service agreement
- Custodian agreement
- Office cleaning contract
- Housekeeping agreement
- Residential cleaning services contract
- Janitorial services contract
The Importance of a Cleaning Services Agreement
Having a cleaning services agreement is very useful for housekeepers and caretakers who work independently. If signed before working with a new client, having a service agreement means that the individual is only required to carry out the tasks stated in the contract. Also, as per the legal requirements, both parties must work according to the terms of the contract. If the terms are not fulfilled by one party, they will be held liable.
What to Expect From an Office Cleaning Company
If you hire office cleaners, you can expect the following services:
- Cleaning tables, cupboards, shelving units, and desks
- Putting out the trash, vacuuming floors, and cleaning bathrooms
- Mopping up any spills
When to Use a Janitorial Contract
You should use a janitorial contract if either of the following applies:
- You offer caretaker services on an agreement basis.
- You want to employ the cleaning services of a caretaker.
Why Should I Use a Cleaning Services Agreement?
- A cleaning services agreement is important because it makes professional relationships more secure.
- A cleaning contract enables your client to outline their cleaning requirements and the particulars they expect in relation to the service. For instance, if your client lives by themselves, they might only require vacuuming once a fortnight. However, if they have pets, they might need much more frequent cleaning. Also, some furniture may need to be cleaned using particular techniques or products.
- You can also use a cleaning services agreement to organize an ongoing house cleaning service, whether it's weekly, monthly, or annually. Generally, a maid service is paid for according to an hourly fee. For this reason, ask your client to clearly set out their needs regarding which cleaning services they require.
- In addition, you can agree on which times of day are best for cleaning. For example, a house that is up for sale may require cleaning at a specific time.
Benefits of Using a Cleaning Services Agreement
If you run a small enterprise, a janitorial services contract may be useful. You can use it to employ one or more caretakers to clean your workplace after normal business hours. Typical cleaning duties include emptying trash cans and cleaning bathrooms.
On the other hand, if you work as a freelance cleaner or janitor, a cleaning services agreement is useful for organizing your clients and maintaining work records. Providing a correctly prepared legal document shows your client your professionalism and means that you are safeguarded in the event of a payment dispute.
An agreement sets out the rules of the cleaning arrangement between the client and the service provider. It also establishes the standard for how you work with clients.
What to Include in a Contract
When drawing up an agreement, include the following information about you and the client:
- Names of your business and the client
- Addresses of your business and the client
- Contact details, including email addresses and phone numbers
- Details of the required services
The details relating to the services is the main part of the contract. The more information you include here, the better. That way, your client will know exactly what they're getting. For example, if you only offer interior cleaning, you should make this clear. Otherwise, your client might assume that they can ask for outdoor services — such as window cleaning.
When a customer understands exactly which services they're getting, there will be fewer problems in the long run. If there is a lack of clarity, there is a higher chance that the client could sue.
If you need help with creating sample commercial cleaning contracts, you can post your legal need on UpCounsel's marketplace. UpCounsel accepts only the top 5 percent of lawyers to its site. Lawyers on UpCounsel come from law schools such as Harvard Law and Yale Law and average 14 years of legal experience, including work with or on behalf of companies like Google, Menlo Ventures, and Airbnb.