Tracy Immigration Lawyers
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
Roughly 156,000 immigrants live in San Joaquin County, California, and more than 75 percent of them have arrived since 1980. The beautifully diverse population of the county may in part be thanks to the top immigration attorneys in Tracy, California.
If you are an immigrant, or you're hoping to help someone else move to the U.S., it is wise for you to consider one of the best immigration lawyers in the area. Hiring an attorney can:
- Help you save time and money. Immigration law is extremely complex. If you try to go it on your own, you may have to resubmit documents and filing fees and spend an inordinate amount of time doing research.
- Increase your chances of success. The federal regulations that govern immigration are strict; between 40 and 60 percent of fiancé visa petitions are denied. Other types of visas similarly do not guarantee success. With the right help, however, your odds increase greatly.
If you are trying to do any of the following, hiring a lawyer would be a wise choice:
- Figure out which route to a green card is best for your current circumstances. There are many types of visas, and it isn't always obvious which one you should apply for.
- Change your visa status. Some allow you to stay in the U.S. while you apply for a green card.
- Renew your visa or get it extended.
- Apply for citizenship after you have your green card.
- Mount a defense if you are in danger of being deported. You may be threatened with deportation if you commit a crime or if you overstay your visa.
- Return to the U.S. after you are deported.
- File petitions that allow your family members, including your spouse, children, and other relatives, to come to the U.S.
An immigration attorney in Tracy can help you with transactions or litigation. Transactions involve straightforward tasks, such as filing visa petitions. Litigation comes into play when an issue pops up that requires a court hearing.
How to Find the Best Immigration Lawyer in Tracy
The state of California has the 9th highest number of lawyers per capita in the United States, with roughly 42 lawyers per 10,000 residents. Although most of these attorneys do not deal specifically with immigration issues, many of them are qualified to help you. However, you should do thorough research before you settle on a specific lawyer.
Before you even consider an attorney, be sure that they are a member of the California State Bar; membership is a requirement for all lawyers who practice law in the state. California has one of the toughest bar exams in the nation; the state insists on quality.
After you find out whether an attorney belongs to the State Bar:
- Read lawyer reviews. Online resources, including Martindale.com and other sources, provide peer reviews of lawyers. These reviews are more reliable than those you find on generic sites like Yelp. You can get insight into an attorney's past and discover if any complaints have been filed against them.
- Seek professional referrals. The San Joaquin County Bar Association has a lawyer referral service to point you in the right direction. You could also turn to the State Bar of California referral service.
- Seek personal referrals. The high number of immigrants in Tracy and the surrounding area means that there are people within your reach who have experience with the immigration process. If you know someone who used a lawyer, ask them about their experience. Ask about things like the cost and whether they felt a rapport with the lawyer.
There are a few things you need to understand before you hire a Tracy immigration lawyer:
- How the billing structure works. Are there flat fees for certain services, or is everything according to an hourly rate? Are there any more fees you need to be aware of?
- Who will take point on your case? Some tasks may be passed off to a paralegal or another lawyer in the firm. If this is the case, ask about this person's credentials and experience.
- How the lawyer communicates. How often can you expect to receive updates? Does the lawyer speak in a way you can understand?
Questions for Your Immigration Lawyer
- How many years of immigration experience do you have? What types of cases have you dealt with in the past?
- Do you think my case will succeed or fail? Why do you think so?
- If a court hearing is necessary, will you be comfortable representing me?
- How long do you expect my case to take?
- What other information should I provide to help you with my case?
Immigration law is a multifaceted entity that requires a high level of expertise to navigate it successfully. For all your questions related to immigration, hire a top lawyer in Tracy, California.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Tracy Immigration Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Tracy Immigration Attorneys
Our Tracy immigration attorneys & lawyers can help you or your company secure a work visa for business-related matters, such as advising you on obtaining a short-term visa for business trip or a work visa that will allow an employee or executive work within the United States or abroad for an extended period of time.
Some of the types of visas that the Tracy immigration attorneys on UpCounsel have helped clients obtain include: H-1B visas, which is for temporary employment in specialty occupations, O-1 visas, where an individual possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, L-1, which is for employees of an international company with offices in both the United States and abroad, E-2 visa, which is for investors, along with several other popular work visas.
Whether you or your company requires advice on obtaining a work visa for an executive, employee, or foreign national in regards to U.S. immigration or matters abroad such as: visitor visas, employee work visas, legal permanent residence (green cards), investor visas, and citizenship - our immigration attorneys can help you throughout the entire process.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Immigration Attorneys that service Tracy, CA.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."