Model Release Form
This model release form is a template available for use on UpCounsel. You can download this free model release form and have it customized for your unique needs today.
MODEL RELEASE FORM
(1) ______________ [the “Model”], for good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is acknowledged, hereby grants to ______________ [“Company”], its legal representatives, assignees, and those acting under its authority, the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and/or use, and/or publish photographic portraits or pictures of the Model [the "Pictures"], and the negatives, transparencies, prints, or digital information pertaining to them, in still, single, multiple, moving or video format, or in which Model may be included in whole or in part, or composite, or distorted in form, or reproductions thereof, in color or otherwise, in any media for advertising or any other lawful purpose.
(2) Model hereby relinquishes any right that [he/she] may have to examine or approve the finished product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in connection with an image that Company has taken of the Model, or the use to which it may be applied. Model waives any ownership and publication right [he/she] might be entitled in connection with the Pictures, with the exception of the personal use of the Pictures as part of personal modeling portfolio. Model agrees he/she has no right to sell, license or publish any of the Pictures to any person or entity.
(3) Model further releases Company its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, servants, or employees [“Releasees”] from any claims for remuneration associated with any form of damage, foreseen or unforeseen, associated with the proper commercial or artistic use of these images unless it can be shown that said reproduction was maliciously caused, produced and published for the sole purpose of subjecting the Model to conspicuous ridicule, scandal, reproach, scorn and indignity.
(4) Model also waives any and all claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, that may be sustained by Model, or any of the property belonging to Model, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees, or otherwise, while performing the photography session, or while in, on or upon the premises where the photography session was performed.
(5) It is the express intent of Model that this document shall bind all members of Model’s family, heirs, assignees and personal representatives.
(6) Model hereby warrants that [he/she] is 18 years of age or older and has the right to contract in [his/her] own name. If Model is under 18 years of age, a parent’s signature is required on the next page. Model has read the above authorization, release, and agreement, prior to its execution, and is fully familiar with the contents of this document. Model represents that this release was willfully signed.
Model's Date of Birth
Address (LINE 1)
Address (LINE 2)
Important: If the Model is under 18 year of age, a parent or legal guardian must also sign.
Parent/Guardian Signature: _______________________ date: __________
Any [GREEN] highlighted language is intended to be filled in by the user. Any [YELLOW] highlighted language is considered optional or conditional by the attorney community. Consult with an attorney before using this document. This document is not a substitute for legal advice or services. Refer to our Terms of Service for more details.
This form has been prepared for general informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, advertising, a solicitation, or tax advice. Transmission of this form and the information contained herein is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon this document or information for any purpose without seeking legal advice from an appropriately licensed attorney, including without limitation to review and provide advice on the terms of this form, the appropriate approvals required in connection with the transactions contemplated by this form, and any securities law and other legal issues contemplated by this form or the transactions contemplated by this form.
Hire the top 5% of business lawyers and save up to 60% on legal fees
- Atlanta Contract Lawyers
- Austin Contract Lawyers
- Boston Contract Lawyers
- Chicago Contract Lawyers
- Dallas Contract Lawyers
- Houston Contract Lawyers
- Los Angeles Contract Lawyers
- New York Contract Lawyers
- Philadelphia Contract Lawyers
- San Francisco Contract Lawyers
- Seattle Contract Lawyers
- Charlotte Contract Lawyers
- Denver Contract Lawyers
- Jacksonville Contract Lawyers
- Las Vegas Contract Lawyers
- Phoenix Contract Lawyers
- Portland Contract Lawyers
- San Antonio Contract Lawyers
- San Diego Contract Lawyers
- San Jose Contract Lawyers
- View All Contract Lawyers