Dallas Immigration Lawyers
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area is home to nearly half a million people living in the United States without the proper paperwork. If you're one of them, you may worry about government crackdowns interrupting the life you've built here. A good immigration lawyer can protect you and help you secure the paperwork you need to become a permanent resident of the United States.
- Other people use immigration lawyers to secure permanent residency for themselves before they move to the United States. An immigration lawyer can help people wanting to start a new life in Dallas gain working visas and other legal residency documents.
- Immigration lawyers are also helpful for people who wish to be reunited with family members and loved ones living abroad. A top immigration lawyer can help you complete the paperwork necessary for your loved ones to enter the United States and stay with you in Dallas permanently.
The United States does not require people to use an immigration lawyer to secure permanent residency for themselves or another person, so you may be wondering whether you need an immigration lawyer at all. Immigration law is very complex. It can be difficult to understand all its rules and policies and how they relate to your personal circumstances. Immigration lawyers are used to dealing with these regulations and interpreting them for their clients.
If your case is difficult, working with an immigration lawyer will give you the greatest chance of success. A good immigration lawyer can also help you avoid delays in approval and fees for resubmitting documents and evidence.
Even if your case is not complex, applying for permanent residency can be stressful. With an immigration lawyer by your side, you have fewer worries. It's your lawyer's responsibility to make sure all documentation is completed correctly and filed on time. It's very easy to overlook a necessary part of your application, but you don't need to stress about this with an immigration lawyer overseeing your case.
How to Find the Best Immigration Lawyer in Dallas
Make sure your immigration lawyer is a member of the State Bar of Texas. Any attorney practicing law in Dallas must be licensed to work in the state. Most Dallas-based lawyers must pass the Texas State Bar Exam. In addition, within two years of passing the Bar Exam, lawyers in Dallas must pass the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam of the National Conference of Bar Examiners with a scaled score of 85 or more before going into practice. In addition, consider the following when finding a Dallas immigration lawyer:
- You might also look for a lawyer with immigration and nationality certification from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Immigration lawyers in Dallas don't need this certification, but it does indicate a thorough understanding of immigration law.
- The best immigration lawyers in Dallas will be honest with you about your immigration case and its chances of success. They will not let you spend a significant amount of money in legal fees if they believe this money will be wasted. Look for immigration lawyers who speak candidly with you and discuss any challenges your case may present.
- You can cross any immigration lawyers off your shortlist that have a troubled history with clients. You can search any Dallas lawyer's disciplinary history via the State Bar of Texas website. Alternatively, you can learn more by speaking to the Dallas office of the state's Chief Disciplinary Council at 972-3838-2900.
- Ask any lawyer you meet with for references. Top immigration lawyers in Dallas will happily share the details of other satisfied clients with you. Speaking to these people will indicate how an immigration lawyer will work for you. You can also find testimonials for many immigration lawyers on their websites.
- While you're visiting a law firm's website, don't just stop at the testimonials. The best immigration lawyers will regularly publish content with in-depth analysis and information about immigration law. These current resources indicate a lawyer who is passionate about and well-versed in immigration matters.
Questions for an Immigration Lawyer
- How long have you worked in immigration law?
- Do you have experience working on cases like mine?
- What actions would you take immediately with my case? What would you do next?
- What are my chances of a good outcome?
- What can we do to improve my chances of a successful outcome?
- How long do you expect it would take to resolve my case?
- Will you work with anyone else on my case? Can I meet them?
- English is not my first language. Can you or any of your colleagues speak my native language?
Dealing with immigration matters can be scary, but with a trusted immigration lawyer by your side, it doesn't need to be so intimidating. Browse through UpCounsel to find the best immigration lawyers in Dallas.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Dallas Immigration Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Dallas Immigration Attorneys
Our Dallas immigration attorneys & lawyers can help you or your company secure a work visa for business-related matters, such as advising you on obtaining a short-term visa for business trip or a work visa that will allow an employee or executive work within the United States or abroad for an extended period of time.
Some of the types of visas that the Dallas immigration attorneys on UpCounsel have helped clients obtain include: H-1B visas, which is for temporary employment in specialty occupations, O-1 visas, where an individual possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, L-1, which is for employees of an international company with offices in both the United States and abroad, E-2 visa, which is for investors, along with several other popular work visas.
Whether you or your company requires advice on obtaining a work visa for an executive, employee, or foreign national in regards to U.S. immigration or matters abroad such as: visitor visas, employee work visas, legal permanent residence (green cards), investor visas, and citizenship - our immigration attorneys can help you throughout the entire process.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Immigration Attorneys that service Dallas, TX.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."