Bill of Sale
A Bill of Sale is a document that moves ownership of some item from one person to another. It is typically used for expensive assets such as machinery or property
County of [ENTER COUNTY] $[ENTER AMOUNT]
State of California
Bill of Sale
THIS BILL OF SALE is made as of [ENTER DATE].
[Enter Name and Address of the person/persons granting the Bill] (the "Seller"),
[Enter Name and Business Address of person receiving the Bill] ( the "Buyer"),
By a contract of purchase
and sale dated [Enter Date]
(the “Agreement”) between the Seller and the Buyer, the Seller
agreed to sell to the Buyer on the terms contained the Assets
B. The Seller owns the Assets (as defined in this Bill of Sale).
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSES THAT in consideration of the premises and other good and valuable consideration (the receipt and sufficiency of which are acknowledged), the parties covenant and agree as follows:
1. In respect of the amount of $[Enter Amount], the receipt of which is acknowledged by the Seller, the Seller agrees to sell and transfer to the Buyer that property which is now in possession of the Seller and described in Schedule A (the “Assets”) and all the right, title, and interest of the Seller in and to the Assets to the use of the Buyer.
2. The Seller covenants that:
the Seller has all necessary power, capacity and authority to own the Assets, to enter into this Bill of Sale on the terms and conditions set forth, and to transfer and sell the Assets to the Buyer as contemplated herein;
the Seller is now rightfully and absolutely possessed of and entitled to legal and beneficial interest in the Assets;
the Seller now has good right to transfer the Assets to the Buyer;
the Assets are free and clear of all charges and encumbrances;
the Assets are in good operating condition and are in a good state of repair and maintenance, reasonable wear and tear excepted; and
the Seller will, if necessary, from time to time upon reasonable request of the Buyer make and do and execute all such further acts, deeds and assurances for the more effectually assigning and assuring the Assets unto the Buyer.
3. The Buyer agrees he has had a chance to inspect the property and agrees to accept the property in its existing condition.
4. This Bill of Sale shall enure to the benefit of each of the parties’ successors and assigns.
5. Wherever the singular and masculine are used throughout this Agreement, the same shall be construed as meaning the plural or the feminine or body corporate or politic where the context or the parties so require.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Seller and Buyer have executed this Bill of Sale, effective the day and year first above written.
SCHEDULE A - ASSETS
ENTER FULL DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSETS INCLUDING ANY SERIAL NUMBERS OR ANY OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS
This form has been prepared for general informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, advertising, a solicitation, or tax advice. Transmission of this form and the information contained herein is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon this document or information for any purpose without seeking legal advice from an appropriately licensed attorney, including without limitation to review and provide advice on the terms of this form, the appropriate approvals required in connection with the transactions contemplated by this form, and any securities law and other legal issues contemplated by this form or the transactions contemplated by this form.