Rochester Startup Attorneys & Lawyers
How it Works
Craig Effrain, Esq.
- Anti Dilution Protection: Everything You Need to Know
- Michigan Foreign Corporation Annual Report
- Notice of Meeting of Board of Directors
- A Force Majeure Clause: Everything You Need to Know
- Letter of Intent for Business Venture
- Convertible Note Purchase Agreement
- Dummy Corporation: Everything You Need to Know
- Cross Investment: Everything You Need to Know
- C Corp California: Everything You Need to Know
- What Is Export Sales Contract: Everything You Need to Know
More Rochester Attorneys
- Rochester Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Rochester Business Attorneys
- Rochester Immigration Attorneys
- Rochester Contract Attorneys
- Rochester Non-Profit Attorneys
Rochester Startup Lawyers
Why Hire a Startup Attorney?
When you start a business, you want everything to go as smoothly as possible. Even if this is not your first business venture, you should still get expert advice — someone to guide you through the process, making sure that you don't miss any steps and that everything you do is legal.
There are lawyers in Rochester whose specialty is business startups. They can start helping you from the moment you first decide to start a business and stick with you until the day you earn your first dollar. This is the type of attorney you want to contact.What Services Do Startup Attorneys Offer?
Lawyers specializing in startups help clients with the following:
- Formation of the business — incorporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, professional corporation, limited partnership
- Business acquisition
- Business planning
- Partnership agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Raising capital
- Real estate purchase
- Rental agreements
- Employment issues
When thinking about starting a business in Rochester, consider the current and future business environment. The top law firms have lawyers who have insight into, and specific knowledge of, the industries in which startup business are growing.
Among the trending industries in Rochester are financial services, medical technology, energy, consumer products, and food. All types of technology-related business are growing. Rochester needs businesses related to improving its roads and bridges. If you want to start a business in Rochester but aren't certain to what type of business venture you should devote your resources and your time, meet with one of the top startup attorneys the city has to offer. These experts are ready to help you.
How to Find the Best Startup Attorney in Rochester
If someone you trust has started a business in Rochester, ask that person which attorney they used. Gather referrals from other startups, industry contacts, friends, and relatives. You can also look online for recommendations. UpCounsel lists the top startup attorneys in Rochester.
Once you have the names of attorneys who might help you, there are several steps you must take.Read the Attorney Profiles
- Which universities did the lawyer attend?
- Which law school did the attorney attend?
- How long has the attorney been practicing law?
- What are the attorney's areas of expertise within business law?
- How many clients has the attorney helped with starting a business?
When meeting with an attorney for the first time, consider the following:
- Where is the office located?
- What are the attorney's office hours?
- How easy is it to get an appointment?
- Is the office professional-looking?
- Does the attorney understand what kind of help you need?
- Did the attorney pay attention to what you were saying?
- How much of what you need will be handed off to a paralegal?
- How many attorneys work in the office?
- How much time does the attorney have for assisting you?
There are also steps to take and points to consider after the first meeting.
- Disciplinary Actions — Have any disciplinary actions been filed against the attorney or the law firm?
Every state monitors the disciplinary actions filed against attorneys. In New York, the Appellate Divisions of the State Supreme Court govern attorney conduct. The respective Appellate Divisions appoint Grievance Committees composed of both attorneys and non-attorneys. The committee members work with a state-financed, court-appointed, full-time professional staff. Check with the Grievance Committee of the Appellate Division for Rochester to see if there are disciplinary actions filed against the attorneys and law firms you are considering. Ask about the outcomes of those actions.
- Comfort Level — Will you be comfortable discussing all aspects of your business plan with the attorney?
This consideration is important. You need to be able to tell the attorney everything you can about your new business. You also need to feel comfortable answering truthfully all questions the lawyer asks.
Questions for a Startup Attorney
- What services does your firm offer?
- Have you assisted clients in my industry?
- Have you helped clients planning a business undertaking like mine?
- Have you worked with companies in the early stages of planning their business venture?
- How can I protect my intellectual property?
- Do I need to trademark anything?
- What licenses do I need?
- What contracts do I need?
- Which attorney in your firm will be helping me?
- How much time will an attorney in your firm spend each week helping me?
- What is your firm's hourly rate?
- Does your rate vary according to the type of work performed?
Whether you have questions about patents and trademarks or business structure in general, a startup lawyer can assist you. Search for the best startup lawyers in Rochester, and they'll help get your business up and running in no time.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Rochester Startup Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Rochester Startup Attorneys
On UpCounsel, you can find and connect with top-rated Rochester startup attorneys & lawyers that provide a range of startup law services for startups and entrepreneurs that are starting a business. Any of the top-rated Rochester startup lawyers you connect with will be available to help with a variety of your startup law related legal needs on-demand or on an ongoing basis in the city of Rochester, NY.
From primarily dealing with things like business formation, contracts, leases, equity financing, securities, and intellectual property protection, the Rochester startup lawyers on UpCounsel can help you with a variety of specialized and general startup law related legal matters. No matter what type of startup law needs you have, you can easily hire an experienced Rochester startup lawyer on UpCounsel to help you today.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Startup Attorneys that service Rochester, NY.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."