How to Get Catering Contracts: Everything You Need to Know
There are a number of vital things to remember when learning how to get catering contracts as well as several ways on how to make them.3 min read
When learning how to get catering contracts, there are a number of vital things to remember. Catering contracts can be made in several ways. Some of the most popular ways include:
- Asking companies who hires the caterers that their sales reps use when they bring food to the companies that they call on.
- Contacting a large company's event planners to find out what process of bidding they use to hire caterers for large-scale events.
- Determining if a company is interested in using new caterers and asking to be added to the bid list.
- Meeting with companies and event planners in your area to find those who need the services of caterers for their events.
How to Get Catering Contracts for Pharmaceutical Companies: Write a Proposal
One of the first steps in gaining a catering contract from a pharmaceutical company is to write a proposal. A proposal can be a great way to introduce yourself to a company, get added to its list of bidders, or offer information about your services and how you provide your food. Also be sure to include what is special about your company that will make it valuable to them. Do you:
- Provide healthy options?
- Cater to specialty diets like veganism or gluten-free?
- Retain a history so reorder is quick and easy?
Be sure to include a short section that describes your company's:
- Catering qualifications
- Experience working with pharmaceutical companies
Make Sure to Stand out From Your Competition
One of the most important ways you can secure catering contracts is by ensuring that your company stands out from the other competitors in your area. It is vital to remember that there are likely multiple local catering companies trying to bid on the same contracts. To distinguish yourself, look for ways that your company stands out and include those things as part of your website and marketing materials.
An example would be if you offer online ordering services. You can advertise the fact that the sales representatives could place orders 24 hours a day, thus finding the time when it is most convenient for them.
Find Unique Ways to Market
Another way to land a catering contract with a pharmaceutical company is by finding alternative ways to market your business. Instead of a direct approach, you might consider offering tasting parties at places such as hospitals and doctors' offices that are frequented by the pharmaceutical company's sales reps.
This could lead to repeat orders from the facility, and the sales rep may even pick up the tab. Additionally, if the rep becomes familiar with your company, he or she is more likely to call the next time that catering services are needed.
Another option is to sign up with companies that may have established networking with pharmaceutical companies.
How to Get More Events for a Catering Company
There are many ways to get more event business for your catering company, and the best way to do that is by showing people what you can do. You can accomplish this task by throwing your own party or event at a local hotel or convention center. Consider teaming up with another service-oriented business to host the event. You will be showing your prospects exactly what they will get if they choose your services. There are also other ways to try to get more event business, such as:
- Advertising your business in trade publications. Many businesses have trade publications in front of them on a regular business. Stay right in front of them by purchasing ads in these publications. You can also consider using other traditional media, such as radio ads and newspapers.
- Always network to find new leads. Networking is one of the best ways to get in front of people in an industry you are focusing on. The good news is that almost all types of professions host events — whether it is mixers, conferences, or even office parties. If you are invited to any events, be sure to mention to those attending what you do and tell them a little about your business. Always carry business cards with you.
If you need help with how to get catering contracts, you can post your legal need on UpCounsel's marketplace. UpCounsel accepts only the top 5 percent of lawyers to its site. Lawyers on UpCounsel come from law schools such as Harvard Law and Yale Law and average 14 years of legal experience, including work with or on behalf of companies like Google, Stripe, and Twilio.