Atlanta Trademark Lawyers
Why Hire a Trademark Lawyer?
A trademark can be invaluable for a business. It becomes part of your business's identity and plays a role in building a relationship with your customers. To get the most of your trademark, you may need to enlist the services of a qualified lawyer. Top trademark attorneys in Atlanta, Georgia, can help you with the following common tasks:
- Creating a strong trademark. What is a trademark? What types of marks can you register? A lawyer understands the nuances of trademark law and can help you design a trademark and do research to make sure your mark isn't infringing on someone else's design.
- Registering your trademark. The registration process is complicated, and you don't want to attempt it on your own. If you hire one of the best trademark attorneys in Atlanta, you'll increase your chances of successful registration by a staggering 50 percent.
- Maintaining a trademark. After you register your trademark, you need to take steps to maintain its status. You have to file paperwork that proves you're still using the mark, and an attorney can guide you through this process.
- Defending your trademark. If you discover that someone else is using your trademark - or another mark that could cause confusion with yours - you may have to enter litigation.
When you're searching for lawyers, keep in mind that some trademark attorneys have a specialty. They may be transaction attorneys, which means they stick to tasks like trademark research and registration. On the other hand, they may focus on litigation.
There are over 600,000 registered establishments in Georgia, and 99.8 percent of those establishments are small. It's far too easy for your business to drown in the sea that is Atlanta's economy. A strong trademark helps you stand out from the crowd, so it is more than worth hiring an attorney to help you make sure that your mark can stand on its own.
How to Find the Best Trademark Lawyer in Atlanta
Georgia has a unified State Bar, which means that lawyers must be a member of the Georgia State Bar to practice law there. Bar membership is one of the first things you should research when you're considering Atlanta trademark attorneys.
However, bar admission isn't the only thing you need to think about. You should use reliable sources to search for a lawyer. You may turn to:
- The Atlanta Bar Association. You can send an online request and receive a free referral for whatever legal service you need.
- Martindale.com. Here, you'll find trustworthy peer reviews of lawyers. There is a cost to use this service, but it is generally regarded as an excellent and reliable source of information.
- Attorneys' Confidential Referral Service, Inc. This service meets the standards set by the American Bar Association and serves all the counties in Georgia, including Fulton.
You should also invest time in reading attorney biographies. You'll be able to get a feel for an attorney's background and the types of cases they've handled in the past.
Personal referrals are another option. If you know another businessperson in Atlanta who has used an attorney to register a trademark, ask which lawyer they used and whether they were happy with that experience. When you're talking to your connection, be sure to ask for details and reasons behind that person's opinions.
Before you commit to a specific attorney, you should find out:
- How much the lawyer charges and how the billing works. Are you going to paying a flat fee for a service, or will you be paying for hourly work? Are there any more charges you should expect?
- How the lawyer will communicate with you. Is the attorney easy to reach if you have questions?
- Who will be working on your case? Will it be the lawyer you initially speak with, or will a paralegal take over most of the work?
- How much experience does the attorney have with trademarks in your industry?
Questions for Your Trademark Lawyer
- What types of things can I trademark, and how will I benefit from doing so?
- Should I register my trademark just with the state of Georgia, or should I register it on a federal level, as well?
- What are the costs associated with registering and maintaining a trademark?
- How often do you do trademark searches, and what databases do you use to search?
- Are you qualified to do other intellectual property legal tasks? If you're not, can you give me a referral?
- How much experience do you have with trademark litigation? What were the results of your past cases?
Protecting your intellectual property is vital for the success of your business. Instead of taking a big risk and going it on your own, find a trademark lawyer in Atlanta who can help you create, register, and defend your mark.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Atlanta Trademark Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Atlanta Trademark Attorneys
Our experienced Atlanta trademark attorneys & lawyers represent individuals and businesses with everything they need to secure and protect their trademarks. Our attorneys can help individuals with everything from trademark clearance searches to determine whether the desired mark is available for adoption, use, and registration. By reviewing the search reports thoroughly, they can conclusively determine the extent to which a mark is already being used and the potential success of filing a trademark.
Trademark licensing can be complex, but our trademark attorneys have experience drafting agreements on behalf of both licensees and trademark owners - thus allowing you to capitalize on your valuable intellectual property. Our Atlanta trademark attorneys can also draft and file your trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), including Intent to Use and Use in Commerce applications.
Our attorneys can also help protect your trademark around the globe by assisting clients with filing trademark applications under the Madrid Protocol, which allows trademark holders to obtain protection in multiple countries by filing a single application.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Trademark Attorneys that service Atlanta, GA.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."