Milwaukee Startup Attorneys & Lawyers
How it Works
John Allen Waldrop
Roberto (Bobby) Escobar
- Local Marketing Agreement: Everything You Need to Know
- Deposit Receipt for Business Sale
- Application for Authority New York Nonprofit
- Convertible Note Purchase Agreement
- Shareholder Agreement Template
- Fiduciary Duties of Directors: Everything You Need to Know
- What is an Annual Report for a Corporation?
- Dissolving a Delaware LLC: Everything You Need to Know
- Blue Sky Law: Everything You Need to Know
More Milwaukee Attorneys
- Milwaukee Franchise Attorneys
- Milwaukee Copyright Attorneys
- Milwaukee Contract Attorneys
- Milwaukee Real Estate Attorneys
- Milwaukee Internet Attorneys
Milwaukee Startup Lawyers
Why Hire a Startup Lawyer?
A startup is a huge investment. You'll spend most of your time and a lot of money trying to get your business off the ground. With so much on the line, you need every advantage you can get.
Hiring the best startup lawyer gives your company a better chance to succeed. You need someone who can offer advice on how to write your company charter.
Whether you're the founder and sole owner or part of a partnership, you may still want to set up your business as a corporation. An experienced startup attorney can explain the benefits of each strategy. You want the one that protects your investment and offers the best opportunity for rapid growth.
A top startup lawyer can also offer tips on taxes. Many new companies overpay during their first year, mainly because the founder doesn't know tax laws. The federal government, the state of Wisconsin, and the city of Milwaukee all offer tax credits to new businesses. The best attorneys know how to avoid overpaying taxes. This aspect alone is a way that paying a top lawyer could save you money over time.
You'll find that the best startup attorneys can also help in the following ways:
- Fundraising: Since startups are their area of expertise, these attorneys know a lot of investors. They can put a founder in touch with someone willing to buy a stake in the company.
- Hiring employees: You will need to staff your startup. What you may not realize is that hiring laws apply to startups, too. You'll have to follow these rules or run the risk of lawsuits and government fines. A startup attorney can tell you what and what not to do.
- Guiding employees: Once you have workers, they need to know what is and isn't allowed. Ask a top startup attorney to help you write an employee guidebook. They can draw on earlier experience to show you all the potential problem areas.
- Avoiding lawsuits: Lots of trademarks and copyrights exist. When you name your business, you might accidentally violate one of them. Even your company log could cause legal issues. You need a startup lawyer to tell you whether your business is following the rules.
What's the Best Way to Find a Startup Attorney in Milwaukee, Wisconsin?
You can take several steps to find the perfect attorney for your company's needs. Ask friends, family members, and business associates in your network for suggestions. One of them might know one of the best lawyers in the area.
Another idea is to check the interview for reviews. Many websites allow users to offer their thoughts on top lawyers that they've hired. Look to see who has the best combination of high scores and total reviews. Someone who has several good reviews but only a small number of them isn't always the best option. You need an experienced startup attorney to aid your business.
When you have a list of candidates, take a look at each one's company bio. The best attorneys list their accomplishments on these pages. You can study the bio to see if the person lists the skills you need to succeed.
A top startup lawyer should:
- Have experience with several successful startups
- Have a lot of referrals
- Have several professional achievements, awards, and commendations
When you have decided on your favorite candidate, you still take a pair of other steps. Verify that the attorney has passed the bar in the state of Wisconsin. You can do a search at the State Bar of Wisconsin's website.
You should also check to see if an attorney has any complaints registered against them. The Office of Lawyer Regulation (OLR) performs an investigation when someone registers a complaint. This office can give details about the nature of the complaint as well as the outcome. Avoid any attorney who has received any punishment from the OLR.
Your goal is to find the best attorney that your startup can afford. When you contact the lawyer, explain your situation. Most of the top attorneys know that startups have cash flow issues. Some firms offer flat rates, financing, and payment plans as money-saving options.
Which Questions Should I Ask a Startup Lawyer?
Do you have a license to practice law in Wisconsin?
Are there any registered complaints against you?
Do you bill clients by the hour or for each project?
What's your payment structure with clients? Is financing or a payment plan possible?
Are you familiar with copyright and trademark laws in Wisconsin?
Have you ever helped a startup incorporate in Wisconsin?
What's your experience working with startups and can you offer any referrals?
Do you have time to take on a startup as a client?
Do you work alone on startups? If not, who else from your firm will help?
What's your normal response time for clients?
Will you make extra time for the startup in emergency situations?
Hiring a top startup attorney is the right move. You'll secure the future of your company while learning a lot more about the business world.
Why use UpCounsel to hire a Milwaukee Startup Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
UpCounsel has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on UpCounselIn the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on UpCounsel, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Milwaukee Startup Attorneys
On UpCounsel, you can find and connect with top-rated Milwaukee startup attorneys & lawyers that provide a range of startup law services for startups and entrepreneurs that are starting a business. Any of the top-rated Milwaukee startup lawyers you connect with will be available to help with a variety of your startup law related legal needs on-demand or on an ongoing basis in the city of Milwaukee, WI.
From primarily dealing with things like business formation, contracts, leases, equity financing, securities, and intellectual property protection, the Milwaukee startup lawyers on UpCounsel can help you with a variety of specialized and general startup law related legal matters. No matter what type of startup law needs you have, you can easily hire an experienced Milwaukee startup lawyer on UpCounsel to help you today.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Startup Attorneys that service Milwaukee, WI.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"UpCounsel gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about UpCounsel. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before UpCounsel it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. UpCounsel solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."