Attorney at Law
"Brought his experiences as a lawyer and a business owner...already working with him again."
In my 20 years of experience as a practicing attorney, I have represented clients in all manner of commercial transactions, including commercial real estate, business acquisitions, international and domestic joint ventures, national product distribution agreements, master service agreements, software licensing agreements, and alternative energy projects.
I also offer my clients 20 years of state and… read more federal court litigation and trial experience.
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"Matt was very professional and knowledgeable. He was able to execute and deliver to me the required materials in a timely manner. He went above and beyond as well. I highly recommend Matt and would use his services again."
"Very knowledgeable and goes out of his way to make sure things go well. Keeps you in the loop and suggests things that are in your best interest."
"Fast turn around time, awesome communication, and top notch service. Can not wait to continue working with Matt!"
"As the buy-side attorney on my acquisition transaction, Matt was extremely diligent and always available throughout the entire process. Not only is he an accomplished attorney well-versed in the buy-side process, but he also brings many years of actual operating experience having previously run his own business. I found his advice to be spot on each time and was grateful to be able to rely on his business acumen and advice during the negotiations. His handling of what turned out to be a slightly more complicated transaction than we originally anticipated was more than commendable. Most of all, I think I appreciated the fact that Matt took a personal interest in my transaction and was always willing to engage in a discussion when I needed and never once made me count the billable hours. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking an honest, intelligent, and hard-working transactional attorney to represent their interests."
Law Office of Matthew J. Sgambettera
Jan 2015 - Present
Representing clients in the following:
• Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts including, joint venture agreements, mutual exclusive marketing agreements, exclusive product distribution agreements, EULA, SaaS, Master Service Agreements, NDA’s, licensing agreements, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, and product distribution agreements.
• Commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States including document drafting, due diligence, commercial financing, zoning, environmental, and commercial leasing
• Purchase and sale of businesses through asset acquisitions or stock acquisitions, including all aspects of document negotiation and preparation, due diligence review, employment agreements, entity formation, stock vesting agreements, acquisition financing, permitting, and licensing, and franchise agreements.
• Corporate Representation including entity formation, preparation of shareholder agreements, operating agreements, By-laws, Consent of Members, Shareholder Resolutions, Member Consents, and Amendments to Shareholder Agreements and Operating Agreements.
• Energy sector representation, including alternative energy ventures.
• Civil and commercial litigation in New York Federal and State courts and commercial arbitration throughout the United States.
• Debtor and creditor representation in bankruptcy proceedings, including Chapter 11 Creditors Committee representation, Secured Creditor representation, Chapter 13 cases, and Chapter 7 cases.
• New business formation and growth counseling for small business owners, leasehold drafting and review, contract review and negotiation, shareholder agreements, and litigation.
American Alternative Fuel
Dec 2014 - Present
American Alternative Fuel
Apr 2006 - Dec 2014
Held full P&L and general management responsibility for this national alternative fuel company operating in New York. Established the initial vision/direction, developed the organizational infrastructure, created a high-profile sales and marketing initiatives, and launched full operations. Led all sales and sales development efforts for the company to increase sales to our current level of 25% market share. Led all planning, budgeting, forecasting, and finance initiatives. Built strategic partnerships with large multi-million and multi-billion dollar energy companies to continue to grow the company’s market share. Managed business-to-business sales of capital equipment over an eight-year period. Developed knowledge of complex technical issues involved in the manufacture and development of fuel systems for motor vehicles.
Sgambettera & Associates, P.C.
Mar 2004 - Dec 2012
Formed a law firm specializing business representation and business litigation. The firm represented businesses in business-to-business transactions, negotiation of complex financial and lending transactions, commercial real estate transactions, business arbitration, contract negotiation, and international business-to-business transactions. Represented clients in complex business and real estate transaction throughout the United States. Represented clients in negotiating business relationships internationally in both Europe and China. Represented clients in business litigation and commercial arbitration throughout the United States.
Deily, Mooney & Glastetter, LLP
May 2001 - Mar 2004
Worked as an associate attorney representing business clients in business transactions, business litigation and bankruptcy. Represented businesses in business-to-business transactions, negotiation of complex financial and lending transactions, commercial real estate transactions, business arbitration, contract negotiation, and international business-to-business transactions. Represented Fortune 500 company in complex financial litigation. Represented debtors, creditors and creditor’s committees in complex bankruptcy cases. Represented clients in complex business and real estate transactions. Represented clients in business litigation and commercial arbitration throughout the United States.
Newman & Newman, P.C.
Nov 1994 - May 2001
Worked as an associate attorney representing business clients in business transactions, business litigation and bankruptcy. Represented businesses in business-to-business transactions, negotiation of financial and lending transactions, commercial real estate transactions, business arbitration, contract negotiation, and international business-to-business transactions. Represented debtors, creditors and creditors’ committees in complex bankruptcy cases.