Attorney at Law
"Brought his experiences as a lawyer and a business owner...already working with him again."
In my 20 years of experience as a practicing attorney, I have represented clients in all manner of commercial transactions, including commercial real estate, business acquisitions, international and domestic joint ventures, national product distribution agreements, master service agreements, software licensing agreements, and alternative energy projects.
I also offer my clients 20 years of state and… read more federal court litigation and trial experience.
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"I would most definitely use Mr. Sgambettera again. Very informative, followed through with what we spoke about and kept me posted!"
Posted on Jun 29, 2015
"Fast and responsive, as always!"
Posted on Jun 26, 2015
"Matt was amazing to work. He was very responsive, seemed to enjoy educating me, and really brought his experiences as a lawyer AND a business owner to bear. I am already working with Matt again on another scope."
Posted on Jun 13, 2015
"Matt is extremely knowledgeable and provided me the advice I needed in an extremely timely matter. He will be my attorney of choice with all of my future business needs."
Posted on May 29, 2015
"Great service, excellent knowledge and communication, fast turn around time. Will definitely use Matt again."
Posted on May 26, 2015
"This is my second time working with Matt. He's goes above and beyond and delivers exactly what I ask for in a timely manner. I will continue to use him."
Posted on May 12, 2015
Law Office of Matthew J. Sgambettera
Jan 2015 - Present
Representing clients in the following:
• Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts including, joint venture agreements, mutual exclusive marketing agreements, exclusive product distribution agreements, EULA, SaaS, Master Service Agreements, NDA’s, licensing agreements, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, and product distribution agreements.
• Commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States including document drafting, due diligence, commercial financing, zoning, environmental, and commercial leasing
• Purchase and sale of businesses through asset acquisitions or stock acquisitions, including all aspects of document negotiation and preparation, due diligence review, employment agreements, entity formation, stock vesting agreements, acquisition financing, permitting, and licensing, and franchise agreements.
• Corporate Representation including entity formation, preparation of shareholder agreements, operating agreements, By-laws, Consent of Members, Shareholder Resolutions, Member Consents, and Amendments to Shareholder Agreements and Operating Agreements.
• Energy sector representation, including alternative energy ventures.
• Civil and commercial litigation in New York Federal and State courts and commercial arbitration throughout the United States.
• Debtor and creditor representation in bankruptcy proceedings, including Chapter 11 Creditors Committee representation, Secured Creditor representation, Chapter 13 cases, and Chapter 7 cases.
• New business formation and growth counseling for small business owners, leasehold drafting and review, contract review and negotiation, shareholder agreements, and litigation.
American Alternative Fuel
Dec 2014 - Present
American Alternative Fuel
Apr 2006 - Dec 2014
Held full P&L and general management responsibility for this national alternative fuel company operating in New York. Established the initial vision/direction, developed the organizational infrastructure, created a high-profile sales and marketing initiatives, and launched full operations. Led all sales and sales development efforts for the company to increase sales to our current level of 25% market share. Led all planning, budgeting, forecasting, and finance initiatives. Built strategic partnerships with large multi-million and multi-billion dollar energy companies to continue to grow the company’s market share. Managed business-to-business sales of capital equipment over an eight-year period. Developed knowledge of complex technical issues involved in the manufacture and development of fuel systems for motor vehicles.
Sgambettera & Associates, P.C.
Mar 2004 - Dec 2012
Formed a law firm specializing business representation and business litigation. The firm represented businesses in business-to-business transactions, negotiation of complex financial and lending transactions, commercial real estate transactions, business arbitration, contract negotiation, and international business-to-business transactions. Represented clients in complex business and real estate transaction throughout the United States. Represented clients in negotiating business relationships internationally in both Europe and China. Represented clients in business litigation and commercial arbitration throughout the United States.
Deily, Mooney & Glastetter, LLP
May 2001 - Mar 2004
Worked as an associate attorney representing business clients in business transactions, business litigation and bankruptcy. Represented businesses in business-to-business transactions, negotiation of complex financial and lending transactions, commercial real estate transactions, business arbitration, contract negotiation, and international business-to-business transactions. Represented Fortune 500 company in complex financial litigation. Represented debtors, creditors and creditor’s committees in complex bankruptcy cases. Represented clients in complex business and real estate transactions. Represented clients in business litigation and commercial arbitration throughout the United States.
Newman & Newman, P.C.
Nov 1994 - May 2001
Worked as an associate attorney representing business clients in business transactions, business litigation and bankruptcy. Represented businesses in business-to-business transactions, negotiation of financial and lending transactions, commercial real estate transactions, business arbitration, contract negotiation, and international business-to-business transactions. Represented debtors, creditors and creditors’ committees in complex bankruptcy cases.