This Sublease Agreement is available for use on UpCounsel. Download this free sample Sublease Agreement template below and have it customized for your unique legal needs today.
SAMPLE SUBLEASE AGREEMENT
(1) Parties. This Sublease Agreement is made between [Sublandlord Name], as the "Sublandlord”, and [Subtenant Name], as the "Subtenant," together referred to as the "Parties."
(2) Property Address. The Sublease is for a portion of the Sublandlord’s interest in the premises located at [Rental Address] (the "Premises") on the following terms:
(3) Lease Term. The Sublease will be for a term beginning on [Start Date] and ending on [End Date].
(4) Subtenant’s Interest in the Premises. Subtenant is one of [Number of Tenants] total tenants (the "Tenants") jointly and severably occupying the Premises. Subtenant [will/will not] share a bedroom at the Premises. Subtenant may share all of the common spaces (e.g., living room, dining room, kitchen, balcony) in the Premises equally with the other Tenants.
5.1. Rent Amount. Subtenant will pay a total monthly rent of $____________. Rent will be payable on the ______ day of each month directly to the Sublandlord. Rent will be paid before the __________ of the month.
5.2. Rent Payment. Rent may be paid by check, wire transfer or paypal personal transfer direct from a bank account.
5.3. Late Rent. A late charge of $______ will be incurred if rent is not paid when due. Sublandlord will have all rights of the Master Landlord with respect to eviction if late rent is not paid.
(6) Security Deposit. A security deposit equal to ____ month's rent of $[Rental Amount] shall be mailed in the form of a [check/cashier’s check] before the lease start date, [Start Date]. The check will be held and not cashed during the duration of the Lease Term. If there is no damage to the property, the security will be returned in full upon Subtenants vacating the premises on [End Date].
(7) Condition of the Premises. Subtenant acknowledges that they will examine the Premises and report to the Sublandlord with photo documentation any problems within ____ hours of receipt of the keys. Upon the termination of this Sublease Agreement for any cause, Subtenant will leave the Premises in their original good condition, except for reasonable wear and tear. Subtenant is responsible for the repair of any damage resulting from the act or neglect of Subtenant or their guests.
(8) Utilities. The Subtenant agrees to pay monthly household bills such as cable, electric, internet, and cleaning services (added monthly to rent, or paid in one lump sum upfront).
(9) Smoking. Smoking is not permitted in the Premises. (optional)
(10) Pets. No pets of any kind are permitted. (optional)
(11) Subleasing and Assignment. Subtenant may not sublease, or assign the Premises.
(12) Noise and Disruptive Activities. Subtenants or their guests shall not disturb, endanger or inconvienence other tenants of the building, nor violate any law, nor commit or permit waste or nuisance in or about the Premises. Subtenants shall not do or keep anything in or about the premises that will obstruct the public spaces available to other residents. Subtenants shall be responsible for any fines, charges, or penalties assessed by the condo development's Home Owner's Association ("HOA") as a result of any violation of the HOA's rules.
(13) Termination Notice. Subtenant’s tenancy will terminate on the date specified in Section 1 above, unless Sublandord and Subtenant sign another written agreement prior to the end of tenancy providing for an additional period of tenancy.
(14) The Master Lease. This Sublease is subject and subordinate to the Master Lease. It is the intent of the Parties to incorporate the terms of the Master Lease into this Sublease by reference except as otherwise specifically provided herein. Where there is a material conflict between terms of the Master Lease and this Sublease, the Master Lease will govern. Subtenant agrees to be bound by and perform all the terms, provisions and conditions to be performed by or applicable to Sublandlord under the Master Lease to the extent applicable to the Premises or use of any portion of the Building. Any references to "Tenant" in the Master Lease shall be deemed references to the Subtenant. Sublandlord shall have the benefit of all rights and remedies available to Master Landlord under the Master Lease.
(15) Termination of Master Lease. Sublandlord will provide (___) days’ notice to Subtenant if the Master Lease is terminated. Subtenant agrees that if the Master Lease is terminated for any reason, this Sublease Agreement will terminate as of the same date.
(16) Indemnification. Sublandlord shall not be liable and Subtenant hereby waives all claims against Sublandlord for any damage to any property or any injury to any person in or about the Premises for any cause whatsoever. Subtentant shall indemnify and hold the Sublandlord harmless from and against any and all loss, claims, liability or costs (including court costs and attorneys’ fees). The provisions of this “Indemnification” section shall survive the termination of the Sublease Agreement with respect to any claims or liability accruing prior to such termination.
(17) Complete and Binding Agreement. All preliminary negotiations between the Parties are merged into and superseded by the terms of this Sublease. This Sublease will not be enforceable until signed by both Subtenant and Sublandlord. Any modification to this Agreement must be in writing, signed by both Sublandlord and Subtenant.
We, the Undersigned, agree to the above stated terms.
Today’s Date: ________________________________
Any [GREEN] highlighted language is intended to be filled in by the user. Any [YELLOW] highlighted language is considered optional or conditional by the attorney community. Consult with an attorney before using this document. This document is not a substitute for legal advice or services. Refer to our Terms of Service for more details.
This form has been prepared for general informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, advertising, a solicitation, or tax advice. Transmission of this form and the information contained herein is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon this document or information for any purpose without seeking legal advice from an appropriately licensed attorney, including without limitation to review and provide advice on the terms of this form, the appropriate approvals required in connection with the transactions contemplated by this form, and any securities law and other legal issues contemplated by this form or the transactions contemplated by this form.