Security Deposit Agreement
This is a Security Deposit Agreement between Landlord/ Tenant which includes conditions for when a Security Deposit will be vacated. Download this security deposit agreement for free.
SECURITY DEPOSIT AGREEMENT
THIS IS NOT A RENT RECEIPT
Received From: [Recipients Name] Date: [Date] Amount: [$]
As a security deposit for Apartment No. at: [Address of Property]
City: [City] State: [State] Zip [Zip Code]
Management agrees that this security deposit will be returned in full if all the conditions listed below have been met. (SEE ITEM #9)
Resident agrees: (1) not to apply this security deposit as rent, and (2) that the full monthly rent will be paid on or before the first day of the month.
Management Resident [Signature of Lessor]
Resident [Signature of Lessee]
MANAGEMENT WILL RETURN THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IF:
1. Resident has not caused management any damage by violating any terms or a written or oral lease or rental agreement, or by breaking the law.
2. A written [#] day notice to vacate is given before the 15th of the month. No notice to vacate will be accepted for any shorter period of time.
3. Resident and resident's children and guest did not damage the apartment beyond normal wear and tear.
4. The entire apartment (including range, bathroom, closets, cabinets, and refrigerator) is clean and the refrigerator is defrosted.
5. Resident has paid all rent, late charges and other debts owed management.
6. All apartment, and mailbox keys are returned.
7. All debris, rubbish, and trash has been placed disposal containers, and resident's personal property has been completely removed.
8. All residents have left their forwarding addresses with management.
9. RESIDENT UNDERSTANDS THAT IF POSSESSION IS NOT TAKEN ON THE DATE
SPECIFIED IN THE LEASE AGREEMENT THAT THE SECURTIY DEPOSIT WILL BE
RETAINED BY MANAGEMENT AND WILL THEREFORE BECOME NON-
REFUNDABLE, IN ADDITION, THE LEASE WILL BECOME NULL AND VOID AT
Any [GREEN] highlighted language is intended to be filled in by the user. Any [YELLOW] highlighted language is considered optional or conditional by the attorney community. Consult with an attorney before using this document. This document is not a substitute for legal advice or services. Refer to our Terms of Service for more details.
This form has been prepared for general informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, advertising, a solicitation, or tax advice. Transmission of this form and the information contained herein is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon this document or information for any purpose without seeking legal advice from an appropriately licensed attorney, including without limitation to review and provide advice on the terms of this form, the appropriate approvals required in connection with the transactions contemplated by this form, and any securities law and other legal issues contemplated by this form or the transactions contemplated by this form.