Rent Increase Letter
This Rent Increase Letter is available for use on UpCounsel. Download this free sample Rent Increase Letter template below and have it customized by an attorney for your unique legal needs today. As a landlord, you can use a Rent Increase Letter as a written notification to your tenants that you plan to change the rent.
SAMPLE RENT INCREASE LETTER
RE: RENT INCREASE NOTICE
Dear [Tenant’s Name],
As you are aware, your lease at the above property will expire on [Date of Lease Expiration].
Please be advised that effective [Date of Increased Rent], the monthly rent for this premises you now occupy shall be increased to $_________ per month. This is a change from your present rent of $ __________ per month.
Should you wish to sign a new agreement or continue your tenancy month-to-month, this new amount would be required. All other terms of the Lease Agreement will remain in full force and effect. If you do not wish to renew your lease, please provide your notice as soon as possible or no later than the legally required date of [Date of last day notice required].
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at [Phone Number].
Owner of [Property Name]
Any [GREEN] highlighted language is intended to be filled in by the user. Any [YELLOW] highlighted language is considered optional or conditional by the attorney community. Consult with an attorney before using this document. This document is not a substitute for legal advice or services. Refer to our Terms of Service for more details.
This form has been prepared for general informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice, advertising, a solicitation, or tax advice. Transmission of this form and the information contained herein is not intended to create, and receipt thereof does not constitute formation of, an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon this document or information for any purpose without seeking legal advice from an appropriately licensed attorney, including without limitation to review and provide advice on the terms of this form, the appropriate approvals required in connection with the transactions contemplated by this form, and any securities law and other legal issues contemplated by this form or the transactions contemplated by this form.
Hire the top 5% of business lawyers and save up to 60% on legal fees
- Atlanta Real Estate Lawyers
- Austin Real Estate Lawyers
- Boston Real Estate Lawyers
- Chicago Real Estate Lawyers
- Dallas Real Estate Lawyers
- Houston Real Estate Lawyers
- Los Angeles Real Estate Lawyers
- New York Real Estate Lawyers
- Philadelphia Real Estate Lawyers
- San Francisco Real Estate Lawyers
- Seattle Real Estate Lawyers
- Charlotte Real Estate Lawyers
- Denver Real Estate Lawyers
- Jacksonville Real Estate Lawyers
- Las Vegas Real Estate Lawyers
- Phoenix Real Estate Lawyers
- Portland Real Estate Lawyers
- San Antonio Real Estate Lawyers
- San Diego Real Estate Lawyers
- San Jose Real Estate Lawyers
- View All Real Estate Lawyers