www.carpenterwellington.com, Attorney | General Counsel | Business Advisor
WA, OR, New Zealand
Ryan is also trusted by clients to serve as outside general counsel, advising on transactions and day-to-day operational matters with an eye toward broader business goals. Ryan is known for his business acumen and ability to practically bridge legal concepts with real world business objectives.
Ryan brings significant experience in the legal industry, having worked for prestigious law firms in both the UK and NZ, and for notable private US… read more companies, in corporate counsel to general counsel roles.
- Outside General Counsel
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Asset Purchase
- Asset Purchase Agreement
- Reverse Merger
- Stock Purchase
- Other Mergers & Acquisitions Matter
""Ryan worked on many enterprise-level projects/agreements with some of the largest names in the business world, including SaaS, fiber-optic, and telecommunications services of many varieties. I know Ryan to be, and his reputation with the business stakeholders is, that he is very intelligent, responsive, and business-savvy.""
""I am very thankful for Ryan's diligent work and clear communication with everything. He made the process quite.""
Carpenter Wellington PLLC
Attorney | Managing Director
Aug 2018 - Present
Carpenter Wellington (CW) is a boutique law firm providing a range of General Counsel services, together with full service corporate and commercial legal services, specifically tailored for in-house counsel, business executives, and entrepreneurs of Early Stage and Formative Stage emerging companies, looking for pragmatic, business-friendly, dynamic, holistic legal advice and business solutions.
Beyondsoft Consulting Inc.
General Counsel | Director
Jan 2017 - Aug 2018
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the legal department, and oversight of legal obligations of Company
- working with senior executives on strategic business initiatives
- M&A, transactions, data security, employment and immigration matters, real estate transactions, litigation strategy and disputes, internal trainings, outside counsel
- Oversight and leadership of Company legal team
Nov 2013 - Jan 2017
- Technology transactions;
- Strategic Sourcing and Commercial Transactions;
- Legal Management;
- Corporation Finance Operations;
- Bankruptcy, pre-litigation and contractual disputes;
- Real Estate and Facilities
Apr 2009 - Sep 2013
Supported and advised senior leaders and business units (including IT, Procurement and Supply Chain, Human Resources, Network Operations, Wholesale, Development, Finance) on a variety of commercial agreements and technology transactions;
Negotiated and drafted letters of intent, leases, subleases, commencement date agreements, estoppels, SNDAs and other related documents; performed lease analysis
Washington Mutual Inc.
Feb 2008 - Mar 2009
i.Commercial Transactions and Software Acquisition: Negotiated complex technology licensing agreements, MSAs, and supplier agreements, in accordance with Company risk tolerance and standard policies;
ii.Contract Management: Management and oversight of all internal contract databases.
New Zealand Inland Revenue Department
Feb 2007 - Oct 2007
- Reviewed and assessed international financial transaction documents, correspondence, and vendor contracts;
- Development of business rules for key documents;
- Systemizing of key data; coordinating with internal legal team and outside counsel.
Associate (New Zealand Qualified)
May 2005 - Feb 2007
- Drafted legal opinions and memoranda, inter-parte correspondence, chronologies, and summary reports
- Conducted legal and factual research, and witness interviews
- Interviewed and built project review teams
- Scoped substantive parameters of the project, selected proper review tool and repository, and estimated project timelines and budgets
- Defined appropriate uses and review workflows.