Yuan "Ruth" Qi
Outside General Counsel for All Your Legal Needs
Ruth provides one-stop services to businesses, start ups and non-profits to meet all your legal needs. From contract drafting, negotiations to execution, each stage of contract development is crucial to the success of her business clients. Whether we're talking business contracts, employment contracts or individual agreements— Ruth has the professional knowledge and experience to help you efficiently and quickly finalize your transactions.
Ruth is thorough, efficient and transparent, and committed to the success of her… read more clients around the world.
- Outside General Counsel
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Formation Consults
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
""Ruth Qi and I worked closely to help create Seattle Business Education Hub. Ruth's unwavering commitment to a unique vision was critical to the success of Seattle Business Education Hub. She spent a great deal of time researching any critical decision and always thought about all sides of a question before moving forward. Ruth was challenged with a difficult role, providing support for our Not For Profit Organization’s 501C3 application and contract review. Her low key, calm (but highly efficient) style provides the perfect guidance to our young organization, one that will continue to mature under her pro-bono assistance and strong leadership.""
"Ruth Qi is the most professional lawyer I know. She is kind, helpful, patient and has a high level of professionalism. She always gives her professional assessments and spends time to fully understand our needs. She provides solid business and legal consulting and writes high standard contracts which allow us to grow our company with more confidence and better structure. Our company appreciates her very much."
Maat Law Group, PLLC
Mar 2018 - Present
Provide general counsel support to companies by identifying, researching, and analyzing potential legal risks in business transactions, employment practices, product liabilities, intellectual property, and other matters. Draft, review, and negotiate all kinds of agreements including NDAs, purchase and/or sale agreements, government contracts, employment agreements, financing documents, etc.
Washington State Investment Board
Apr 2010 - Aug 2017
- Managed all phases of contracting and procurement processes and facilitated training;
- Drafted, reviewed, negotiated and monitored complex high-value financial and investment management services contracts, NDAs, licensing agreements, etc.;
- Provided legal support for agency's public record requests by conducting relevant search, analyzing search results and drafted legal opinion and responses.
May 2008 - Jul 2009
- Prepared and drafted all type of agency agreements with service providers in the Healthcare industry; and
- Analyzed legislature bills and provided legal comments on bills that affect agency and its clients.
Alaska Superior Court
Sep 2006 - Aug 2007
conducting legal research, preparing bench memos, drafting orders and opinions, proofreading the judge's orders and opinions, verifying citations, communicating with counsel regarding case management and procedural requirements, and assisting the judge during courtroom proceedings.