Rhea De Aenlle
Attorney at Law
CA, Patent Bar, CIPP/US, CIPP/E
"Great to work with!"
IT | Product Development | Life Science | Biotechnology | Privacy & Security Law (GDPR) | Software and Patent Licenses | Privacy Policies | SaaS | Cloud | Outsourcing | Supply | Purchasing | Service Agreements | Terms of Service | Advertising | Master Services Agreements | Technology Development | Clinical Trials | Research &… read more Development | Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"Great to work with!"
"It was really helpful to work with Rhea. I highly recommend her."
"Rhea is great! We will recommend her to anyone that needs a great lawyer on their side."
"Good work on fixing sections of the contract"
"Rhea is great to work with. Knowledge, responsive and pays a great deal of attention to detail. Thank you for your help as always"
"Rhea is the experienced professional you are looking for."
Law Office of Rhea de Aenlle
Commercial, Privacy, and Intellectual Property Attorney
May 2018 - Present
• Review, draft, and negotiate sales, professional services, marketing, software licensing, SaaS, hosting/cloud services, non-disclosure agreements.
• Advise clients about privacy and security laws, GDPR, CCPA
• CIPP/US, CIPP/E, registered patent attorney
IP Practice Group Associate
Mar 2008 - Feb 2018
• Drafted and negotiated a wide array of significant agreements including, but not limited to software, SaaS, content, advertising and marketing, supply, outsourcing, professional services, consulting, services, purchase, OEM, and distribution agreements.
• Successfully drafted and negotiated numerous patent, trademark, and software licensing agreements.
• Researched, interpreted, and drafted terms and conditions which covered regulatory compliance issues related to privacy and data security, HIPAA, and FDA laws.
Leiner Health Products, LLC
Oct 2004 - May 2007
Advised and supported product development, business development, purchasing, quality/regulatory, sales, marketing, finance, operations, IT, and human resources executives on legal matters for this over-the-counter drug and vitamin manufacturer. Managed the prosecution of patent applications. Counseled senior management on patent liability.
• Successfully negotiated and finalized product development agreements with medical product manufacturers and supply agreements with American-based, multinational retail companies.
• Counseled company on intellectual property matters.
Invitrogen Corporation (formally the name of Life Technologies Corporation)
Corporate Transactional Intellectual Property Attorney
Oct 2001 - May 2004
Drafted and negotiated all technology licensing transactions, research and development, joint development, and sponsored research agreements for this biotechnology products development company.
• Collaborated closely with Business Development. Trained the team to draft and use term sheets to negotiate substantive business terms.
• Closed many commercial transactions including purchase, supply, manufacturing, OEM, telecommunications, and service agreements for both domestic and international business units.
University of Southern California
Senior Technology Licensing Associate
Sep 1999 - Sep 2001
Managed comprehensive technology transfer program. Negotiated patent licensing agreements and identified novel inventions. Taught patent law and licensing to researchers and faculty.
City of Hope National Medical Center and Backman Research Institute
Senior Technology Transfer Manager
Aug 1994 - Aug 1999
Led technology transfer program; negotiated licensing agreements; evaluated invention disclosures and managed patent portfolio at this leading cancer research and treatment center.