Rhea De Aenlle
Attorney at Law
CA, Patent Bar, CIPP/US, CIPP/E
IT | Product Development | Life Science | Biotechnology | Privacy & Security Law (GDPR) | Software and Patent Licenses | Web-based Services | SaaS | Cloud | Outsourcing | Supply | Purchasing | Service Agreements | Manufacturing | OEM | Marketing & Advertising | Master Services Agreements |… read more Patent Attorney | Technology Development | Research & Development | Privacy Policies | Sponsored Research | Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
""As a lawyer, I do not always know all areas of law but I certainly have an awareness of the qualities of a good lawyer. Rhea has these qualities. I engaged Rhea to review a consulting agreement for my company with a major global organization. Rhea was thorough in her review - pointing out details and their implications, all along providing explanations that were clear and informative. She clearly had mastery of the area of legal area. Additionally, she was responsive to all of my questions in a timely and complete manner. Further, her attitude made it clear that she has a passion for her work and made it fun for me to work with her!""
Posted on Sep 4, 2018
"Rhea is a very thorough and competent professional who always has my company’s best interests in mind. She has assisted us with a variety of legal transactions including technology licensing, OEM/Supply and most recently data privacy. Rhea is very comfortable dealing with complex technologies and business issues. She is diligent, detail and service-oriented, but also always keeps the big picture in mind. She has been a great partner for us and I highly recommend her."
Posted on Aug 31, 2018
Law Office of Rhea de Aenlle
Commercial, Privacy, and Intellectual Property Attorney
May 2018 - Present
Represent clients in the technology (IT, electronics, finance, and equipment) and life science (biotechnology, drug discovery, pharmaceutical, and healthcare) industries. Devise practical solutions to complicated issues relating to business, intellectual property, and privacy law.
• Review, draft, and negotiate commercial transactions, including supply, distribution, manufacturing, purchasing, OEM, technology development, research, consulting, sales, professional services, marketing, software licensing, SaaS, hosting/cloud services, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Advise clients about compliance issues which concern state and federal privacy and security laws.
• Negotiate sophisticated technology transfer agreements, including patent, trademark, software and content licenses, technology development, sponsored research, clinical trial, material transfer agreements.
• Successfully extended the life of client’s leading product by licensing patents, staving off competitors.
IP Practice Group Associate
Mar 2008 - Feb 2018
• Drafted and negotiated a wide array of significant agreements including, but not limited to software, SaaS, content, advertising and marketing, supply, outsourcing, professional services, consulting, services, purchase, OEM, and distribution agreements.
• Successfully drafted and negotiated numerous patent, trademark, and software licensing agreements.
• Researched, interpreted, and drafted terms and conditions which covered regulatory compliance issues related to privacy and data security, HIPAA, and FDA laws.
Leiner Health Products, LLC
Oct 2004 - May 2007
Advised and supported product development, business development, purchasing, quality/regulatory, sales, marketing, finance, operations, IT, and human resources executives on legal matters for this over-the-counter drug and vitamin manufacturer. Managed the prosecution of patent applications. Counseled senior management on patent liability.
• Successfully negotiated and finalized product development agreements with medical product manufacturers and supply agreements with American-based, multinational retail companies.
• Counseled company on intellectual property matters.
Invitrogen Corporation (formally the name of Life Technologies Corporation)
Corporate Transactional Intellectual Property Attorney
Oct 2001 - May 2004
Drafted and negotiated all technology licensing transactions, research and development, joint development, and sponsored research agreements for this biotechnology products development company.
• Collaborated closely with Business Development. Trained the team to draft and use term sheets to negotiate substantive business terms.
• Closed many commercial transactions including purchase, supply, manufacturing, OEM, telecommunications, and service agreements for both domestic and international business units.
University of Southern California
Senior Technology Licensing Associate
Sep 1999 - Sep 2001
Managed comprehensive technology transfer program. Negotiated patent licensing agreements and identified novel inventions. Taught patent law and licensing to researchers and faculty.
City of Hope National Medical Center and Backman Research Institute
Senior Technology Transfer Manager
Aug 1994 - Aug 1999
Led technology transfer program; negotiated licensing agreements; evaluated invention disclosures and managed patent portfolio at this leading cancer research and treatment center.