Attorney at Law
School of Law
"Peter was great and cited a lot of good case law that was applicable to my dispute."
He has argued federal appeals before the Second and Seventh Circuit Courts and have litigated civil cases throughout northeastern Illinois and in states around the country. His practice is focused on business litigation, including breach of contract and warranty actions, lender liability, and fraud and misrepresentation. He also provides legal advice on corporate formation, intellectual property, and employment issues.
"Peter was great, and cited a lot of good case law that was applicable to my issue / dispute."
Posted on May 13, 2015
Arcturus Law Firm
Nov 2014 - Present
Jun 2011 - Feb 2014
Manage all pre-trial aspects of commercial litigation matters, with primary responsibility for negotiating settlements, assessing case risks, discovery, and case budgeting. Provide counsel to corporate clients on wide variety of matters including commercial lending disputes, contract disputes law, labor law, and accounting malpractice. Closely involved in development of client pitches and responsible for monitoring budgeting on litigation matters.
• Secured favorable settlement after discovery as lead counsel on breach of warranty case for food testing client.
• Represented federal agency as outside counsel in action against former bank directors stemming from major bank failure, resulting in $64 million settlement.
• Represented major technology company in licensing dispute and other intellectual property matters.
• Drafted appellate briefs securing reversal of dismissal of investor suit against bankrupt hedge fund.
• Represented major bank in parallel multimillion-dollar lending arbitrations, resulting in favorable settlement.
• Represented major commercial lender in various commercial lending and real estate disputes.
Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Sep 2006 - May 2011
Experience with complex commercial litigation, including drafting motions and briefs regarding contract law, securities regulation, labor law, administrative law, bankruptcy, civil procedure, and environmental law.
• Extensive deposition and court hearing experience.
• Worked closely with in-house counsel at major airline to develop strategy for multimillion dollar • dispute with labor union.
• Renegotiated executory contracts and other claims in bankruptcy proceedings of major chemical company.
• Successfully briefed and argued Second Circuit appeal affirming dismissal of airline shareholder’s securities fraud complaint.
• Briefed and argued truck safety whistleblower case in front of Seventh Circuit.
• Participated in all phases of “bet the company” contract arbitration as member of 4-attorney team, including preparing lay and expert witnesses, drafting cross-examinations, editing opening and closing statements.
• Represented major energy company in state administrative proceedings regarding pipeline placement.
• Defended depositions of high-ranking officers at major airline, including VP of Human Relations, and deposed named plaintiffs in large duty of fair representation class action.
• Researched and drafted successful motions to dismiss in series of lawsuits brought by village government attempting to interfere with progress of Superfund cleanup site.
• Secured political asylum for Ethiopian torture victim, although victim had no documentary evidence.
Kirkland & Ellis
Jun 2005 - Aug 2005