Business, Patent, and Data Privacy Law
CA, Patent Bar, TX
While Robert has experience in law firms, Federal courts, and international courts. He also has experience working in startups and venture capital.
In his free time, Robert enjoys working on machine learning projects to better understand the possibilities of the technology.
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Licensing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Design Patent
- Non-Provisional Patent
- Patent Infringement
- Patent Search
- Provisional Patent
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Patent)
- Other Patent Matter
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Registration
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Other Trademark & Copyright Matter
"Robert was easy to get a hold of and always returned my emails quickly. Whenever I had a question he would always answer it clearly and thoroughly."
"He made sure to explain my issues in a way that was easy to understand and provided me with options for how to handle it. I would recommend his services to anyone."
Aug 2016 - Mar 2017
Drafting software patents, including machine learning patents, and design patents.
Jun 2015 - Jan 2016
• Reviewed 100+ startup pitches, analyzed market trends, and advised managing partners on investment opportunities.
• Analyzed and advised managing partners on the patent portfolio of a company owned by the firm prior selling the assets.
• Advised on contract negotiations involving the sale of the patent portfolio of a company owned by the firm.
General Counsel and Head of IP
Jan 2013 - Sep 2013
• Grew the patent portfolio 3X to 35 US and international applications by identifying new innovations, and compiling patent applications.
• Organized follow up experiments to create supporting evidence necessary to strengthen patent applications.
• Provided oversight of the work performed by 2 outside law firms.