Jonathan Van Ee
Experienced Business Attorney
"Jonathan is a savvy counselor whose substantial business and legal knowledge gave me..."
Mr. Van Ee also serves as lead trial counsel in complex commercial litigation matters involving contract, negligence, breach of warranty and related legal theories.
Mr. Van Ee has received multiple recommendations and hundreds of endorsements on his LinkedIn profile, which is
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Appellate Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Cease & Desist Letter
- Demand Letter
- Product Liability
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
"Jonathan is a savvy counselor whose substantial business and legal knowledge gave me critical insights."
"Jonathan was retained as local counsel for a litigated matter in California. This was a complex claim involving an insurance rehabilitation and now dissolved companies or defunct companies. Jonathan showed excellent skill and judgment and went beyond the scope of work typical of a local counsel and was able to help us achieve a positive result."
The Law Offices of Jonathan Van Ee
Mar 2006 - Present
Ropers, Majeski, Kohn & Bentley
Jul 2003 - Mar 2006
-Argued jury instructions and special verdict forms in trial of a complex multi-party manufactured home product defect case with breach of contract, negligence, and other claims.
-Counseled senior executive of leading Bay Area biotech company about wrongful termination, discrimination, stock option, and related employment matters.
-Coordinated multiple experts’ analyses of complex law governing several construction defect cases. Defended expert deposition in construction defect matter.
-Defended leading manufacturer of DNA testing equipment against subpoenas in Northern and Southern California seeking trade secrets concerning $100,000,000 industry.
Robinson & Wood
Jul 2001 - May 2003
- Successfully argued petition to compel arbitration of a video technology licensing dispute spanning almost a decade. Handled ensuing arbitration proceedings.
- Assisted in trial of complex trade secret matter concerning nationwide online banking.
- Developed the facts in a large construction defect case with substantial documentation and expert depositions.
Aug 2000 - Jun 2001
- Researched securities laws, reporting requirements and exemptions to ensure legal compliance during complex financings of newly formed companies.
- Negotiated and resolved critical issues regarding intellectual property matters, including patents, trade secrets, litigation, company financings and employee agreements.
Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
Jan 1998 - Jan 2000
- Defended a law firm being sued by one of its clients for representing another client in pharmaceutical patent matters related to the first client’s patents.
- Represented Australian excess insurer in an international arbitration. Wrote briefs and negotiated a successful settlement for the client.
ICC International Court of Arbitration
Jan 1999 - Jan 1999
Coordinated arbitrations for the Secretariat of the ICC in light of the merits and procedures for specific arbitrations. Researched confidentiality in ICC arbitration.
International Finance Corporation
Russia Agriculture Reform Program Coordinator
May 1994 - Aug 1994
-Coordinated the activities of volunteers from American colleges working in newly privatized Russian farms.
-Gathered suggestions from volunteers and wrote reports for the State Department of Agriculture of the Nizhny Novgorod region on methods to improve farming efficiency.