Sean P. Patrick, Esq.
Attorney at Law
IL, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Gurney Patrick LLP
Nov 2014 - Present
Whether it is structuring a valuable business arrangement or enforcing a critical deal, Gurney Patrick LLP handles a wide range of transactions and disputes for Small & Medium-sized Businesses.
Not every transaction or dispute requires a big law firm. You can count on our expertise and aggressive, efficient, and personalized handling of your case. We help our clients not just avoid risks but manage them - and see the opportunities. We strive to provide our clients with the highest quality and reliability for a great value.
I encourage you to visit our company page at www.gurneypatrick.com.
Business Development Director
Apr 2014 - Nov 2014
McLennon & McFadden, Ltd.
Sep 2013 - Feb 2014
Represented corporate clients in insurance subrogation and business contract litigation in either plaintiff or defendant capacities. Appearing in court daily for a variety of cases and subject matters, successfully disputed contested matters before judges during every phase of litigation. On behalf of clients, efficiently navigated cases through procedural such as service issues, summary judgment hearings, discovery proceedings, default judgments, and court date negotiations. As a result, achieved favorable settlements and judgments for clients in court. Litigated cases as first chair and won awards for clients in the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program.
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
Aug 2012 - May 2013
• Authored dozens of publicly released award letters for securities related arbitration decisions, including cases of mismanagement of client funds, employee promissory note defaults, failure of investment supervision, improper hiring and client carryover
• Wrote briefs on compliance issues facing banks, investment brokers, hedge funds, and private equity companies
• Analyzed and briefed issues concerning the Investment Act of 1940, Illinois Securities Law of 1953, FINRA rules, and others.
• Analyzed case file documents including claims, exhibits, motions, and arguments.
• Audited securities related arbitration hearings and analyzed procedures and practices.
Erickson & Oppenheimer
May 2010 - Sep 2010
Involvement in all phases of litigation, out of court, for criminal defense, civil rights, and family law cases. Took part in deposition review, analysis and strategy for a high-profile first degree murder case where our client was wrongfully accused. In that case, our efforts were successful and the true killers were convicted. Also participated in defending clients against instances of government abuses of power and racial profiling.
Jan 2008 - Jan 2009
• Organized a group of investors to provide startup capital for a company that provided auxiliary legal services including skip tracing, bail bonds, and process serving.
• Managed oversight, budgeting and contracting