Startup & Emerging Company Adviser
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Formation Consults
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Operating Agreement
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Case Law Research
- Letter of Intent
- Other Legal Research & Writing Matter
- General Advice
Barbera Corporate Law
Nov 2018 - Present
I'm an associate at a boutique corporate/emerging companies firm focused on helping mission-driven entrepreneurs, investors and social enterprises generate positive impact at scale.
From startup to later stage organizations, our approach is grounded in business acumen and legal sophistication and inspired by the idealism that drives all meaningful enterprise.
Head of Media & PR
Mar 2016 - Jun 2017
• Negotiated, drafted, and reviewed a wide variety of contracts and agreements, sponsorship agreements as well as music licensing, photography, and video agreements with third party vendors and national news media outlets.
• Advised CEO on a range of legal matters, including trademark registrations, copyright protection, sponsorship agreements, as well as state and municipal regulatory matters.
VP Content & Brand Development
Feb 2015 - Mar 2016
• Conducted internal due diligence and provided counsel to founding team regarding early stage legal and policy decisions affecting company operations and growth.
• Led creative direction and marketing strategy in harmony with business development and customer relations initiatives.
• Developed inbound marketing and email content strategies optimized for multi-variant conversion analysis.
Associate, White Collar Defense & Internal Investigations
Sep 2013 - Jan 2015
• Represented companies and individuals in white-collar criminal and civil matters with particular focus on SEC enforcement actions, including securities laws and the FCPA.
• Defended individuals in criminal actions including tax evasion and computer fraud.
• Investigated allegations of accounting fraud, foreign bribery, money laundering, and other white-collar criminal and regulatory matters.