Legal Services Dedicated to the CREATORS, INNOVATORS AND ENTREPRENEURS
"Great to work with!"
Professional background is 20 + years of legal, compliance, managerial, project and client relationship management experience. I managed talent in Orlando and Los Angeles, facilitated corporate partnerships for AFI FEST, and volunteered with civil rights organizations.
There is a fee for an initial consultation of up to 1-hour… read more attorney time via video chat or telephone.
- E-2 Visa
- H-1B Visa
- H-1B Visa Transfer
- Immigration Consults
- J-1 Visa
- K Visa
- L Visa
- O Visa
- TN Visa
- Other Immigration Matter
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Registration
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Infringement Consults
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Other Trademark & Copyright Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"What I appreciated from Julie is that she did a lot of work preparing for our consultation which made our meeting more productive and insightful than expected. I highly recommend her work."
"Julie is very helpful and provides the best solution for my situation!"
"Great to work with!"
"Great working with Julie, very responsive and great follow-up"
"Julie was a terrific external "expert" on a sticky immigration matter - very professional dealings and interaction. I thank her for her guidance, and certainly recommend her to others in need of immigration / legal guidance."
"Great -very helpful!"
Your Virtual Advocate
Nov 2017 - Present
Solo law practice providing expert legal advice creators, innovators and entrepreneurs, in the areas of copyright, trademark and employment/artist immigration visa services. www.yourvirtualadvocate.com
Mar 2013 - Apr 2017
• Advised internal partners on intellectual property & licensing issues by reviewing marketing & training materials
• Led legal reviews of technology process implementation for privacy & data security compliance
• Advised Compliance team on fraud, money laundering & other payment or compliance-related legal issues
• Handled & responded to claims asserted against Company prior to formal litigation
AFI Fest (American Film Institute)
Strategic Partnership Coordinator
Jun 2010 - Jan 2013
• Managed contracts including drafting, negotiating & executing; researched copyright & trademark issues
• Devised strategic plans with marketing & publicity to integrate goals of corporate partners & AFI FEST
• Secured corporate relationships with a collective departmental goal of $1.5 million annually for AFI FEST
• Oversaw sponsor contractual fulfillment prior to & throughout 8-day film fest
Frith Law Group
Feb 2011 - Jul 2012
• Entrusted with attorney-level responsibilities under direct supervision & mentorship of attorneys
• Managed complex litigation for 5 attorneys including drafting documents, legal research & document review
• Assisted in trial preparation for multiple major trials
• Responded to & propounded discovery; managed & tracked incoming discovery for cases involving up to 40 parties
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
Sep 2006 - Jul 2007
• Planned, organized & executed quarterly corporate donor recognition event for 100+ people
• Managed department budget of $600,000 & approved expenditures
• Liaised with faculty & high-level corporate donors on behalf of Executive Director
BMG Model & Talent Agency
Jun 2004 - Sep 2006
• Scouted, developed, managed & booked model & acting talent
• Negotiated talent rates & reviewed booking contracts
• Created marketing materials for direct mail & email campaigns to prospective clients
Branch Manager II
Jan 2000 - Oct 2003
• Hired, trained, coached & motivated a sales team of 10 people to success as top branches & salespeople in region
• Reorganized 5 branches within the region to ensure legal & operational compliance & profit growth
• Oversaw compliance issues, including conducting audits, implementing new procedures & training staff