Immigration and Business Services for Creators, Innovators and Entrepreneurs
"Julie is extremely thorough and quick to answer any and all questions. Highly recommended!"
My professional background is over 20 years of legal, compliance, managerial, project and client relationship management experience. I managed talent in Orlando and Los Angeles, facilitated corporate partnerships for AFI FEST, and volunteered with civil rights organizations, with the past 2 years immersed in immigration volunteer work.
Immigration consults are a fee of $125… read more to review and provide recommendations.
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Registration
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Infringement Consults
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Other Trademark & Copyright Matter
- E-2 Visa
- H-1B Visa
- H-1B Visa Transfer
- Immigration Consults
- J-1 Visa
- K Visa
- L Visa
- O Visa
- TN Visa
- Other Immigration Matter
"Was a pleasure working with her. She is professional and understanding. Patient and knowledge I’m glad she handled my case, very trust worthy"
"Julie is methodical and thorough. She possesses strong domain knowledge of immigration law and practical experience. She is good in computer skills and presenting arguments in convincing manner."
"Julie helped me and my husband a lot, we definitely recommend her! We got a very helpful and detailed review of our documents and responses from her, it was a pleasure to work with the professional."
"Wonderful, thorough and quick answers by Julie that was available to answer our urgent questions immediately. This is our second time working with her and we will be glad to continue working with her."
"I feel very confident with her. She is very knowledgable and clear. She is very prompt to answer all questions and concerns."
"Julie was very responsive and professional. I appreciate her work on my contract and her suggested changes."
Your Virtual Advocate
Nov 2017 - Present
Solo law practice providing expert legal advice creators, innovators and entrepreneurs, in the areas of copyright, trademark and employment/artist immigration visa services. www.yourvirtualadvocate.com
Mar 2013 - Apr 2017
• Advised internal partners on intellectual property & licensing issues by reviewing marketing & training materials
• Led legal reviews of technology process implementation for privacy & data security compliance
• Advised Compliance team on fraud, money laundering & other payment or compliance-related legal issues
• Handled & responded to claims asserted against Company prior to formal litigation
AFI Fest (American Film Institute)
Strategic Partnership Coordinator
Jun 2010 - Jan 2013
• Managed contracts including drafting, negotiating & executing; researched copyright & trademark issues
• Devised strategic plans with marketing & publicity to integrate goals of corporate partners & AFI FEST
• Secured corporate relationships with a collective departmental goal of $1.5 million annually for AFI FEST
• Oversaw sponsor contractual fulfillment prior to & throughout 8-day film fest
Frith Law Group
Feb 2011 - Jul 2012
• Entrusted with attorney-level responsibilities under direct supervision & mentorship of attorneys
• Managed complex litigation for 5 attorneys including drafting documents, legal research & document review
• Assisted in trial preparation for multiple major trials
• Responded to & propounded discovery; managed & tracked incoming discovery for cases involving up to 40 parties
University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
Sep 2006 - Jul 2007
• Planned, organized & executed quarterly corporate donor recognition event for 100+ people
• Managed department budget of $600,000 & approved expenditures
• Liaised with faculty & high-level corporate donors on behalf of Executive Director
BMG Model & Talent Agency
Jun 2004 - Sep 2006
• Scouted, developed, managed & booked model & acting talent
• Negotiated talent rates & reviewed booking contracts
• Created marketing materials for direct mail & email campaigns to prospective clients
Branch Manager II
Jan 2000 - Oct 2003
• Hired, trained, coached & motivated a sales team of 10 people to success as top branches & salespeople in region
• Reorganized 5 branches within the region to ensure legal & operational compliance & profit growth
• Oversaw compliance issues, including conducting audits, implementing new procedures & training staff