Bill Hulsey Lawyer - Patents
Patent Bar, TX, TN
William Hulsey Attorney holds a J.D. from the Vanderbilt School of Law where he was Senior Managing Editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review and Order of the Coif; a M.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia; and a B.S. in Mathematics from Rhodes College (With Distinction).
Rated “AV-Preeminent“ and “AV-Preeminent Judicial Edition,” "Best Lawyers in America" and “Top 1%… read more Most Honored Professionals.”
- Design Patent
- Non-Provisional Patent
- Patent Consults
- Patent Infringement
- Patent Infringement Consults
- Patent Search
- Plant Patent
- Provisional Patent
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Patent)
- Other Patent Matter
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Registration
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Infringement Consults
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Other Trademark & Copyright Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"Mr. Hulsey is an outstanding professional. He is straight-forward and knowledgeable. He has tremendous experience in US and international IP issues. Bill and his staff are quickly responsive and take the time to explain the “how’s” and “why’s” of IP law. At the USPTO in DC, he is engaging and expert. I have experience with other firms, Hulsey is by far the most able."
"Their expertise in their field is matched only by their enthusiasm to help us succeed in ours. Foresight, execution, responsiveness and success are hallmarks of our experience with Bill Hulsey and his team."
"Bill and his team are the best in intellectual property 5.0 stars Posted by Mark on Dec 17, 2014 For many years, Bill Hulsey and his associates have provided the very best assistance in drafting patent applications and taking them from the beginning stages to issued patents around the world. The care and thought that Bill puts into patents and intellectual property issues in general sets him apart. If you are looking for the exact opposite end of the spectrum when you encounter a "patent factory" sort of attorney, you will find that with Bill Hulsey. His expertise and friendship have been invaluable to me and my various technological endeavors."
"Bill Hulsey has been terrific. 5.0 stars Posted by Charlie on Jan 5, 2015 Mr. Hulsey is an outstanding professional. He is straight-forward and knowledgeable. He has tremendous experience in US and international IP issues. Bill and his staff are quickly responsive and take the time to explain the hows and whys of IP law. At the USPTO in DC, he is engaging and expert. I have experience with other firms, Hulsey is by far the most able."
Feb 2003 - Present
Lawyers and Agents based in Austin, TX and Memphis, TN. Our clients benefit from our collective 100+ years of experience in proudly serving the patent, trademark, copyright and related IP needs of emerging growth companies both across the nation and internationally.
Hughes & Luce, LLP
Jan 2001 - Feb 2003
[Now, K&L Gates, Texas]
- Senior Partner responsible for Firm's IP Patent & TM Practice.
- Managed firms patent docket, responsibility for all patent filings.
- Responsibility for preparing, filing, prosecuting over 1000 patents for firm clients
Coordinated with other trademark attorneys and staff to assure all trademark filings were managed and pursued timely and cost effectively.
Jan 1998 - Jan 2001
[now, DLA Piper LLP]
- Founded firm's Texas IP Practice with 2 other Texas Partners
- Responsibility for all Patent & Trademark filings in Texas
- Grew firms Texas client base to over 100 clients
Jan 1990 - Jan 1998
- Partner in firm's patent practice serving clients nationwide
- Founded firm's Austin, Texas patent practice
- Firm's local partner responsible for interfacing and supporting local technology intensive startups and collaborators
- Promoted to firm partner one year ahead of peers
Jul 1987 - Dec 1989
- Associate in firm's Nashville, Tennessee new office
- Started firm's statewide patent practice and trademark practice in Nashville