John Allen Waldrop
Waldrop and Colvin PLLC
"Working with John and his team has been essential to our business."
John Allen has a vast and impressive history of success in world class legal departments across several industries including government contracting, real estate development, medical technology, construction logistics & finance and private equity. His experience delivers results in corporate governance, contracts, M&A, dispute resolution, employment, and real estate.
Derek is an outstanding litigator… read more who also assists clients with business formation, franchising, and general corporate law needs. He immediately establishes credibility with new clients by delivering clear and concise communication in a responsive manner.
- Outside General Counsel
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Asset Purchase
- Asset Purchase Agreement
- Reverse Merger
- Stock Purchase
- Other Mergers & Acquisitions Matter
"John and his partner Derek were very helpful in setting us on the right path to launch our small startup. They were very responsive, professional, and knowledgeable. We fully intend on continuing to work with John and Derek as we build out our company and grow the business. Highly recommend."
"Excellent support and legal counsel. Also they really take your interests to heart and support you fully."
"John is an amazing attorney with practical style of thinking. He has completed our new business sales contract in about a week. We will use his service again. Thank You"
"In the world of legalese, John Waldrop and company expertly explained and handled my lack of knowledge for a current contract I was obligated to perform. They gave me a fuller understanding of my rights and obligations per the contract and advised me on how to protect my interests. Recommend!"
"These guys are the best. Most honest and responsive law team ever. They handle my franchise stuff and do an amazing job at it."
"I have known John Allen professionally since 2016. At that time, John Allen was serving the legal team of a well-respected national wholesale company. I was impressed with his wealth of knowledge of business and international trade. I found his contracts to be thorough but straightforward and most notably, fair. I was pleased to have the opportunity to work directly with John Allen when he began working privately. His counsel has been integral to the growth of my business. We have retained John Allen's services since the summer of 2020. His guidance has streamlined our onboarding process with new customers and his contracts have significantly improved our business. I highly recommend John Allen to those requiring experienced legal guidance with competence and integrity."
Waldrop and Colvin PLLC
Aug 2022 - Present
Connecting with clients to deeply understand their business and goals.
Balancing prudent risk management with business opportunity.
Applying knowledge and experience to help clients achieve results.
VP & General Counsel
Oct 2018 - Jul 2022
• Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives by leading negotiations on critical merger and acquisition deals, commercial contracts and dispute resolution matters.
• Produced superior quality private placement memorandum, subscription agreements, and related documents for multi million-dollar equity raises.
• Drafted, reviewed and negotiated offer letters, employment agmts
Dec 2015 - Feb 2018
• Drafted, revised, and negotiated information technology contracts including software as a service (“Saas”) licenses to successfully launch an eCommerce platform supporting over 600 wholesale distributors.
• Authored strategic plans for the acquisition and management of a $150M+ real estate portfolio.
• Provided advice to directors of over 600 local companies
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
Assistant General Counsel
Feb 2000 - Apr 2015
World Class Contract Experience
• Responsible for drafting, revising, and negotiating contracts of all kinds including credit, non-disclosure / confidentiality, indemnity, warranty, banking & insurance, closing an average of $2M per day for 250 days per year.
• Structured and maintained domestic and international entities by drafting and filing (as necessary) the charter, bylaws, minutes, etc.