Registered Patent Attorney
NY, Patent Bar
With a degree in Applied Physics and experience as an engineer, Joshua works with software, mechanical, electrical, systems, AI, blockchain, crypto, DeFi, chemical, and materials science inventions.
Joshua also teaches Entrepreneurship and Employment Law as an Adjunct Professor. In law school, he was the law review’s Editor-in-Chief and… read more internationally-ranked in the world’s foremost moot court.
- Design Patent
- Non-Provisional Patent
- Patent Consults
- Patent Infringement
- Patent Infringement Consults
- Patent Search
- Provisional Patent
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Patent)
- Other Patent Matter
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Registration
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Infringement Consults
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Other Trademark & Copyright Matter
- Appellate Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Cease & Desist Letter
- Demand Letter
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
Adjunct Professor of Business Management and Law
Aug 2021 - Present
• Teach courses in Entrepreneurship and Employment Law.
Mertzlufft Law PLLC
Principal / Patent Attorney
Feb 2021 - Present
• Assist inventors, entrepreneurs, and creators in considering, securing, and enforcing protection for intellectual property.
• Manage all aspects of the law practice.
Associate / Patent Attorney
May 2017 - Jan 2021
• Prepared and prosecuted patent applications for inventions in fields including semiconductor manufacturing, materials, software, electronic devices, and mechanical apparatuses.
• Assisted in the preparation of patentability and non-infringement opinions.
• Assisted in various litigation, corporate, trademark, and copyright matters.
• Presented talk entitled "Blockchain and Patents" (2019).
Research Foundation for the State University of New York
Jun 2016 - May 2017
• Prepared IP risk assessments used to determine whether to seek protection for inventions in the fields of mechanics, electronics, nanotechnology, and life sciences.
• Assisted in preparing and negotiating license, material transfer, sponsored research, and nondisclosure agreements.
Jun 2013 - Jul 2015
• Led teams in the design and fabrication of heat exchangers for oil & gas and energy applications.
• Managed projects for domestic and international customers.