Transactional Attorney: Making Sure Your Documents Are Solid
- Case Law Research
- Letter of Intent
- Other Legal Research & Writing Matter
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Formation Consults
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Buyout Agreement
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Corporate Restructure
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Joint Venture Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Benefits & Compensation
- Contractor Agreement
- Contractor Termination
- Employee Handbook
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Employee Termination
- Employee Termination Consults
- Employment Agreement
- Employment Dispute Consults
- Employment Policies & Procedures
- Equity Compensation
- Intellectual Property Assignment Agreement
- Labor Litigation
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Employment)
- Severance Agreement
- Worker's Compensation Claims
- Workplace Harassment & Discrimination Claims
- Other Labor & Employment Matter
"Sonrisa recently helped me with an employment law matter. With very little instruction, Sonrisa was able to deliver exactly what I needed. I am accustomed to working with freelance attorneys and paralegals. My experience with Sonrisa was different, as she produced a file-ready document requiring very little revision. Sonrisa’s assistance saved me hours of time. -Louis L."
"I am a small business owner working to apply for licensure in Massachusetts for my cannabis business. Sonrisa has been working with me throughout the application process, specifically helping me to get my materials together and drafting multiple standard operating procedures. It has been an absolute pleasure working with Sonrisa! I am impressed with her output, keen responsiveness and I appreciate her enthusiasm, attention-to-detail, and depth of communication with me. Sonrisa takes the information that I give her, applies the proper regulation, and swiftly puts together well-written SOPs on my behalf. Sonrisa is knowledgeable, professional, and personable. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who needs help drafting SOPs or navigating difficult matters of regulatory compliance! -Ryan C."
Owner, Founder, Freelance Attorney
Sep 2020 - Present
I currently work as a freelance attorney and run my own law firm, Lewis Legal. Lewis Legal is a virtual firm which provides support to other attorneys and small firms in the form of legal research, legal writing, litigation support, and more.
Delaware Family Court
Apr 2020 - Aug 2020
As a law clerk in Family Court, I attended hearings, documented proceedings, and drafted Court Orders for Family Court Judges. This role required intensive legal research, writing, and analysis.
Nov 2015 - Mar 2020
• Detected instances of fraud, money laundering, and market manipulation through analysis of patterns and trends.
• Wrote Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with federal statute and regulation.
• Responded to regulatory issues and ensured detailed reporting to and communication with FinCEN.
• Studied the BSA and ensured compliance with AML and KYC rules.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Federal Government Subcontractor, Team Lead
May 2013 - Feb 2020
• Analyzed documents under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other federal regulation.
• Managed work flow and trained colleagues as a team leader for a group of fifteen paralegals.
• Examined mandatory arbitration clauses in contracts between consumers and financial institutions.
Friends of Judge Alice Beck Dubow
Feb 2015 - Oct 2015
• Helped Superior Court Candidate win primary election. Prepared campaign financial report.
Charlotte Business District
Sep 2014 - Jan 2015
• Analyzed documents for litigation in cases of toxic torts and pharmaceuticals.
Bank of America
Contract Attorney, Quality Control Team
Mar 2014 - Aug 2014
• Analyzed documents for litigation in cases of banking and insider trading.
• Reviewed communications and documentation to ensure compliance with federal regulation.
• Reviewed the work of peers for accuracy as a member of quality control team.