Chief Intellectual Property Counsel | CEO - SVP R&D & Operations | Professional Engineer | Registered Patent Attorney
Patent Bar, PA
"Very easy to work with!"
Mr. Antone has worked in a wide range of technologies including communications, software, controls, wireless networking, chemistry, material science, medical devices,… read more optics, semiconductors, and mechanical systems.
- Non-Provisional Patent
- Patent Consults
- Patent Infringement Consults
- Patent Search
- Provisional Patent
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Patent)
- Other Patent Matter
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Infringement Consults
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Licensing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- SaaS Agreement
- Service Agreement
"Very easy to work with!"
Law Office of Michael Antone, LLC
Jan 2016 - Present
• Intellectual property strategy and execution and business counseling
• Patent and trademark preparation, prosecution, and strategy
• Work with business owners, inside counsel, and technical teams on intellectual property strategy & execution
• Technologies include communications, software, controls, wireless networking, chemistry, material science, optics, metallurgy, and mechanical systems
Grande Ventures, LLC
Sep 2006 - Dec 2015
• Served as Board member for portfolio companies working with inside and outside counsel on due diligence, intellectual property (IP), and negotiating corporate financing and exits
• Served as inside IP counsel for several portfolio companies involved in various hardware and software technologies including IoT, wireless networks, automation & controls, combustion technology and power generation.
Chief Executive Officer (interim)
Jun 2011 - Jun 2012
While working at Grande Ventures, I was asked to assume the CEO role of an early revenue company after the sudden departure of the CEO.
We stabilized the key personnel, transitioned the product line to a new contract manufacturer dramatically increasing yields, rolled out a new product generation, and increased revenue.
Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Senior Vice President, R&D and Operations
Mar 1998 - Jun 2006
• Managed intellectual property, engineering and operations staff of 150+ people
• 100% on-time delivery of hardware & software products
• Led ISO 9000 recertification of R&D & Mfg - zero non-conformities
• Closely worked with CEO and the Board of Directors on Strategic Planning, Finance, Sales & Operations, Human Resource Policies and Compensation
Apr 1995 - Mar 1998
Prepared and prosecuted US and International patent and trademark applications covering various technologies including metallurgy, material science, semiconductor manufacturing, optics, optical communications, medical devices, software, and mechanical systems for corporate and university technology transfer clients.