Attorney at Law
- Advisory Agreement
- Business Formation Consults
- Business Licenses & Industry Regulations
- Corporate Dissolution
- Corporate Formation
- Founders Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Franchise Disclosure Document
- Franchise Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Shareholder Agreement
- Other Business Formation Matter
- Case Law Research
- Other Legal Research & Writing Matter
- 501(c) or 501(c)3 Compliance
- Non-Profit Formation
- Other Non-Profit Matter
"We used Phil to review and update several business documents including our Non-Disclosure and Non-Complete Agreements. Phil was able to quickly review and provide meaningful revisions to our documents which had not been updated for many years and subsequently contained several terms which were no longer valid or enforceable."
"Phil was able to identify state regulatory hurdles for a proposed crypto based money transmitter business. Although the financial backers ultimately chose not move forward with the project, Phil was able to identify a cost effective solution that would have enabled us to begin operations legally and quickly that was never considered by prior counsel. The most remarkable part is that it took Phil only a few days of research to identify options whereas our prior counsel provided only a single and very expensive option after several dozens of billable hours had been expended."
Compliance Testing Officer
Oct 2019 - Present
• Monitors and tests Strategic Partner Program business practices, policies, procedures, loan pricing, origination software systems, marketing materials, customer correspondence, program documents, disclosures, etc. for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
• Reviews documentation of testing and monitoring
United States Department of Health and Human Services
Nov 2019 - Oct 2019
• Oversaw credit card compliance for the travel, purchase and fleet card programs at the Program Support Center in Salt Lake City.
• Identified, implemented and maintained best practices for the cards program within HHS and ensured that the contractor bank was in compliance with the Truth In Lending Act, Credit CARD Act and Fair Credit Billing Act.
Moore and Associates
Jul 2018 - Oct 2018
• Counseled businesses on employment and regulatory issues.
• Served as outside counsel to businesses and provided legal advice to a variety of entities on complex matters including a venture capitalist company seeking to enter into the highly regulated money transmitter industry and a business seeking to license a newly developed product to international partners.
Feb 2015 - Jun 2018
• Ensured that Citibank operated in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act for its credit card portfolio by implementing policies, procedures, and systems to ensure comprehensive customer identification, customer due diligence, and suspicious activity monitoring and reporting.
• Drafted and filed suspicious activity reports (SARs) for suspected money laundering.