Attorney at Law
Matthew works 100% remote with companies across… read more the country by using tools such as Zoom and Slack to communicate with clients.
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
- Breach of Contract
- Product Liability
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
"I am pleased to write in reference and recommendation on behalf of attorney Matthew “Matt” Sims. Matt was an integral part of my in-house legal team here at American National for more then two years. I can only wish that it might have been longer. Matt brought solid litigation and regulatory experience to the position and was able to provide an outside perspective to the legal problems of our insurance operations which was not only valuable, but frankly refreshing. Matt’s a good lawyer. He’s smart in the best ways an attorney can be smart; he’s both intelligent and savvy. He is a no-nonsense problem solver, with the demonstrated ability to cut through the static and distractions of corporate operations to identify and resolve the critical underlying legal issues. When called upon, he even returned to the courthouse to handle a sensitive employee-related matter on an expedited basis that earned him kudos both up and down the organization"
Senior Counsel Enterprise Litigation (CNE)
Nov 2020 - Present
• Manage docket of 100 complex nationwide first party & third party Bad Faith BI, UM/UIM, PIP/MedPay, Property, Homeowners, and Hurricane claims.
• Review and analyze new claims, assign and manage appropriate outside counsel.
• Develop effective and efficient litigation strategy.
• Prepare USAA employees for fact witness and corporate representative witness depositions.
• Analyze claim strengths a
American National Property and Casualty
Nov 2017 - Oct 2019
American National Property and Casualty Company, Springfield, MO (2017 – 2019)
Senior Counsel – Multiple Line Operations
• Negotiate and draft complex enterprise-wide business-to-business service agreements with large sophisticated nationwide organizations, including master service agreements, addenda, statements of work, letters of understanding, pilot agreements, and nondisclosure agreements red