Intellectual Property Attorney (Patents)
Patent Bar, CA, MI
My experience includes working with over 1000 business leaders and inventors, from startups to the largest technology companies in the world, including Intel, HP, Microsoft, and eBay.
I also enjoy writing about intellectual property. My articles can be seen in Entrepreneur, The Good Men Project, The Huffington Post, and my own Blog.
- Non-Provisional Patent
- Patent Consults
- Provisional Patent
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Patent)
- Other Patent Matter
"After working with numerous attorneys I was fortunate to be introduced to Steve Sponseller. What a difference – Steve became an integral team member of our technical staff. He does his homework and possesses the ability to quickly interpret a specific technology or invention in terms of intellectual property value. Marketta Silvera, Silicon Valley CEO/Chairman"
"Steve is an excellent intellectual property lawyer. We've worked with Steve over the past 20 years, and continue to work with him. He is a quick study - in the course of just one meeting, he understands the core concepts of what we are trying to protect. Steve is easy and fun to work with! Dilip Venkatachari, CEO, SageX Solutions"
Innovation Strategies, Inc.
Intellectual Property Attorney
Oct 2006 - Present
- Preparation of patent applications for technology companies and entrepreneurs.
- Strategic IP planning to build strong and secure IP portfolios that accelerate business growth and protect critical inventions.
- Helping businesses implement systems to identify, evaluate, and protect the right inventions for maximum company value.
Mar 2011 - Nov 2012
- Implemented and managed corporate intellectual property programs.
- Developed IP portfolios and interacted with developers and engineers to identify inventions critical to the company's core technology.
- Conducted brainstorming sessions with technology companies to identify new products and new product features.
Lee & Hayes
Managing Patent Attorney
Mar 1999 - Sep 2006
- Assisted in-house attorneys with the evaluation and development of intellectual property portfolios.
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in a variety of electrical, software, and computer-related technologies.
- Advised clients on key areas for patent protection.
- Trained and managed new patent attorneys.