Intellectual Property and Business Attorney
- Intellectual property and internet law. I obtain intellectual property protection for firm clients and enforce those rights. I also defend our clients in intellectual property matters.
- Business formation and transaction matters. I help entrepreneurs and small and medium sized businesses with formation, governance, and contract matters.
- Commercial litigation. I resolve business disputes.
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright Registration
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Trademark)
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Infringement Consults
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Search
- Other Trademark & Copyright Matter
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Appellate Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Cease & Desist Letter
- Demand Letter
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
"I had received an ISP subpoena notice and became aware of a pending lawsuit with very limited time to act. Contacted several attorneys through a list available on the Electronic Frontier Foundation website. Of the ones I spoke with (the usual names that pop up when you try to search this topic), they quoted attorneys fees 2.5X higher than Jonathan's rate and estimated a settlement amount that was several thousand or tens of thousands higher than what Jonathan was able to work out. He has litigated dozens of these cases in court and worked out settlement agreements for more than a hundred. He is well aware of the weaknesses in the copyright troll's complaints and can use that to your advantage whether you choose to fight or settle. In the consultation, Jonathan was generous with his time and answered all of my questions. After hiring him, he worked quickly and was very responsive/communicative throughout the entire process and we were able to quickly settle the matter. If you are in a similar situation and unsure of where to turn, you owe to yourself to at least reach out for a consultation and see if he is the right fit for you."
"I was involve in a BitTorrent infringement lawsuit, as my atterney,Mr Philp privided professional advice, quick respond, reasonable price to help. great service! (client spelling left intact)"
Jonathan LA Phillips Attorney at Law
Jan 2019 - Present
Practice focusing on intellectual property and business matters for entrepreneurs and small and medium sized businesses.
Jan 2016 - Present
Instructor for Intellectual Property and the Entrepreneur.
Shay Phillips, Ltd.
Dec 2012 - Dec 2018
Practice focused on intellectual property, commercial litigation, and utility and energy matters.
Law Office of Jonathan LA Phillips
Nov 2010 - Dec 2012
General business practice with focus in intellectual property issues.