Attorney at Law
Gilmartin Legal is committed to giving each client complete attention. To us, there is no such thing as a small issue. We treat each and every case with care and individualized attention. Every client is important, and we make sure to treat each and every case with respect and thoroughness. When you bring your legal matter to Gilmartin Legal, you can feel confident in your choice.
- Buying & Selling Commercial Real Estate
- Buying & Selling Residential Real Estate
- Commercial Lease
- Construction Contract
- Home Owner Associations
- Property Management Contract
- Purchase & Sale Agreement (Commercial)
- Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Foreclosure
- Real Estate Investment Compliance
- Real Estate LLC
- Real Estate Litigation
- Residential Lease
- Tenant Dispute
- Tenant Eviction
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use
- Other Real Estate Matter
- Debt Collection
- Other Debt & Bankruptcy Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"My experience with Mike has been excellent. Mike really made me feel like I was his only client when I know that's not the case. He was always easy to get in touch with and on top of every detail. After my dispute was settled, I retained him as legal counsel and plan to continue our relationship. Mike is #1 in my book and I highly recommend him."
"I hired Michael to represent my wife and I during a real estate purchase. But he ended up doing so much more than merely reviewing documents. He advised us on financing and how to get some important documents through the local recorder of deeds quickly. In numerous ways, Michael went above and beyond to ensure we had a timely and smooth closing, making himself available as much as we needed. We were extremely pleased and appreciative of his guidance, and strongly recommend his services."
Gilmartin Legal, LLC
Apr 2016 - Present
Michael Gilmartin is a trusted advocate and the first call many make when legal representation is needed. Whether in the court room or in the conference room, Michael offers legal representation in commercial real estate, corporate, transactional, commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, commercial collections, criminal representation, estate planning, probate administration and litigation.
Howard & Howard
Nov 2013 - Mar 2016
● Document real estate and Uniform Commercial Code financing transactions.
● Advise privately held businesses on a broad range of corporate transactions.
● Represent financial institutions in litigation matters involving commercial mortgages, promissory notes, commercial guaranties, and security agreements.
● Serve as general counsel for closely held businesses.
Chuhak & Tecson, P.C.
Dec 2006 - Oct 2013
● Represented secured and unsecured creditors. Practice focused upon on creditors' rights and banking issues. Experience includes handling commercial and residential foreclosures; lender liability defense; debt collection and enforcement; collateral liquidation; loan workouts; debt restructuring; deeds in lieu of foreclosure; and commercial loan documentation.
● Experienced in business and real e
Cook County State's Attorney's Office
Assistant State's Attorney
May 2004 - Dec 2006
● Prosecuted crimes on behalf of Cook County through bench and jury trials advancing through the First Municipal District, Sixth Municipal District and Narcotics Division
● Researched and responded to motions
● Educated victims and officers on likely outcome of cases
● Managed daily caseload in high volume courtrooms