Michael Mowery, Attorney at Law
• Assistant General Counsel, Portal Software. Inc.: negotiation of deals worth over $100m.
• General Counsel, Telephia, Inc.: negotiated M&A and joint development deals, together with the sale of services to wireless and media companies;
• Senior Counsel, Vodafone / AirTouch: managed legal services for the domestic HQ of the largest global wireless telecommunications company. $100’s millions of technology transactions with global tech companies.
• Outside transactional counsel for Cisco… read more Systems, Logitech and Vodafone.
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
- Asset Purchase
- Asset Purchase Agreement
""I worked with Mike at Telephia and found him to be insightful and constructive. Legal issues aren't always the easiest for us non-lawyers to understand but Mike did an excellent job of explaining the legal issues and, more importantly, identifying positive actions that could be taken for company's benefit. AND, just as important, Mike was a great guy to have around. I enjoyed working with him." Brian Saunders, Social Media Expert"
""Mike is an extremely strong legal counsel. His support of my business in Japan was superb. He had the ability to quickly identify and address cross continent legal challenges while also demonstrating a sound business perspective. I have absolute faith in Mike's ability and integrity." Alan Daly, V.P., Customer Deployments, Vindicia, an AmDocs Co."
Mar 2015 - Nov 2017
National Director of Encore Fellowships Network, which matches seasoned professionals with social sector organizations in high-impact, paid, fellowships, helping the host organizations build their capacity and increase impact. Under my leadership, the EFN matched over 1000 fellowships while adding $100M of value to U.S. social sector.
Super Stars Literacy
Sep 2007 - Apr 2014
First Executive Director for leading early literacy intervention program for low-performing students in low-income communities. Incorporated project as 501(c)(3) and scaled it from $300K volunteer project serving 60 students to $1.6M organization serving over 500 students in 4 school districts.
Assistant General Counsel
Jul 2004 - Oct 2006
Assistant General Counsel responsible for world-wide licensing and transactional legal services for global billing and revenue-management company for telecom, internet, and media industries.
Senior Counsel Services
Jun 2002 - Jun 2004
Outside transactional counsel for Cisco Systems, Logitech & Vodafone.
Sep 2000 - Jun 2002
General Counsel for wireless market research and analysis company.
Vodafone / AirTouch
Jul 1985 - Jul 2000
Senior Counsel for largest global wireless communications company; managed legal services for domestic headquarters operations.