Experienced Corporate and Regulatory Attorney
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Vendor Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Business Formation Consults
- Corporate Formation
- Operating Agreement
- Partnership Formation
- Shareholder Agreement
- General Advice
"My former colleague, Perri Melnick, just opened her own law practice! Perri is a brilliant attorney and an exceptional role model. I'm excited to see her practice take off. Congratulations, Perri!"
"My former colleague, Perri Melnick, just opened her own law practice! Perri is a brilliant attorney and an exceptional role model. I'm excited to see her practice take off."
Crowell & Moring
Jan 2016 - Jul 2018
Advise hospitals, health systems, medical groups, health care plans, and other health care providers on a broad range of business, transactional, corporate, and regulatory matters including: structuring, negotiating, and drafting merger and acquisition agreements, professional services agreements, ACO, shared saving and other health plan agreements.
DaVita HealthCare Partners
Group General Counsel
Jul 2014 - Dec 2015
Chief legal counsel for kidney care operations in the Western United States - Partnered with senior management and operations teams to achieve effective business and legal objectives in a fast-paced and highly regulated environment.
IPC the Hospitalist Company
Vice President Legal Affairs
May 2008 - Jun 2014
Hired as Company’s first in-house counsel and part of the senior management team. Responsible for the creation, development, organization and management of the legal and contracting departments including budget and performance metrics, process and system management and ensuring timely responses to requests for legal services consistent with the Company’s goals and objectives.
Dec 2006 - May 2008
• Advised clients, negotiated and drafted documents in connection with various business transactions including purchase agreements, letters of intent, assignment and assumption agreements, confidentiality agreements, information statements, noncompetition agreements, management services agreements, professional services agreements, employment and consulting agreements, and marketing agreements.
Jun 2005 - Dec 2006
Advised clients on a variety of healthcare regulatory matters including Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, state and federal fraud and abuse laws, regulatory compliance, and licensing.
Drafted and negotiated documents in connection with various business transactions including services agreements, confidentiality agreements, articles of incorporation, bylaws and resolutions.
Hooper, Lundy & Bookman
Sep 2003 - May 2005
• Advised clients on a variety of healthcare related topics including licensing, regulatory compliance, privacy, reimbursement, antitrust and federal and state fraud and abuse laws.
• Drafted Hospital corporate compliance program and various healthcare related policies and procedures.
• Drafted and negotiated documents in connection with various business transactions.