Liliana Di Nola-Baron
Attorney at Law
DC, OR, NY, Patent Bar
• Patent drafting and prosecution in biotechnology, medical and mechanical devices.
• Performing due diligence searches and preparing validity, non-infringement, patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions.
• Evaluating patentability.
• Caring about… read more my clients and their interests.
- Design Patent
- Non-Provisional Patent
- Patent Consults
- Patent Infringement
- Patent Infringement Consults
- Patent Search
- Plant Patent
- Provisional Patent
- Response to USPTO Office Action (Patent)
- Other Patent Matter
- Case Law Research
- Letter of Intent
- Other Legal Research & Writing Matter
"I recently filed for a US patent with Liliana. The process was painless, Liliana captured what my product was about and conveyed it better than I expected in the patent application. She was a pleasure to work with, very professional, and very accessible. She is a true scholar and extremely knowledgable! I would recommend giving Liliana a call if you are in the hunt for a patent or trademark attorney. I am very pleased!"
"Liliana was a pleasure to work with to file a provisional patent! She very clearly explained the strategies behind the claims we want and how they should be approached, and how to best position the technology for patent prosecution. Her work is of incredibly high caliber, very attentive to detail, and produced the provisional quickly and accurately. Best of all, as her client, she was a joy to interact with. Emails would be responded to always the same-day with thoughtful answers to any questions I had, and Liliana is equally patient and kind as she is intelligent and insightful! Not only will I recommend her to anyone looking for IP protection, but I will retain her services again when I move forward with this technology and others!"
Feb 2018 - Present
• Drafts and prosecutes patent applications.
• Performs due diligence searches and prepares validity, non-infringement, patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions.
• Performs IP due diligence for business transactions and analyzes patent portfolios for merger, acquisition and licensing.
• Assesses patent infringement risk and strategies for securing freedom-to-operate position.
Klarquist Sparkman, LLP
Aug 2017 - Feb 2018
Drafted and prosecuted U.S. and foreign patent applications for pharmaceuticals, small molecule drugs, gene therapy, medical treatment and devices, immunology, polymer applications, biochemistry, food science, plants, crop improvements.
Evaluated patent portfolios, conducted legal and technical searches and prepared validity, non-infringement, patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions.
Foley & Lardner
Oct 2006 - Nov 2016
Drafted and prosecuted patent applications in the areas of medical and mechanical devices, chemical processes, gene therapy, agricultural and crop improvements, small molecule drugs, pharmaceutical formulations, biofuel, cosmetics, cannabinoid production, and medical treatments. Evaluated patent portfolios and prepared validity, non-infringement, patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions.
Pearl, Cohen, Zedek, Latzer
Nov 2009 - Jan 2011
Drafted and prosecuted U.S. and foreign patent applications for small molecule pharmaceuticals, immunology, gene therapy, agriculture and biotechnology. Counseled clients on legal and strategic issues related to intellectual property in the U.S. and abroad, and evaluated intellectual property for due diligence analyses and freedom to operate opinions. Admitted to the Israeli Patent Bar.
Jun 2004 - Jun 2006
• Performed multiple due diligence investigations on small molecule compounds on behalf of a domestic generic drug company.
• Assisted in preparing validity, infringement, freedom-to-operate and patentability opinions.
• Prosecuted U.S. and foreign patent applications in the areas of drugs, small molecule pharmaceuticals, biochemistry, molecular biology and biotechnology.
US Patent and Trademark Office
Dec 1999 - May 2004
Examiner of patent applications in the field of pharmaceuticals, drugs, food supplements, cosmetics, medical implants and polymers. Conducted searches in the fields of biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, medicine and cosmetics. Authored Office actions and responses to appeal briefs. Negotiated case resolutions with attorneys. Received awards for outstanding rating and high productivity.