Attorney at Law
- Case Law Research
- Letter of Intent
- Other Legal Research & Writing Matter
- Outside General Counsel
- Settlement Agreement
- Other Lawsuits & Disputes Matter
Center for Community Learning,Inc.
Aug 2013 - Present
• Direct administrative and leadership functions, including facilitating Board of Directors Meetings, drafting and implementation of governance documents, and strategic planning.
• Provided technical assistance regarding drafting and implementation of cultural and linguistic competence plans in compliance with with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
Senior General Attorney
Apr 2004 - Jul 2013
• Managed a variety of complex litigation matters, investigations, appellate matters, and legislative matters.
• Designed and implemented a company wide FCPA compliance program.
• Handled over 50 personal injury cases in State and Federal courts from initial filing through discovery and settlement.
• Reviewed contracts, indemnity agreements and operating agreements.
Harris County District Attorney's office
Assistant District Attorney
Aug 1997 - Mar 2004
• Conducted criminal investigations, including witness interviews and scene investigations.
• Prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases from grand jury to trial, including drafting of complaints and indictments, conducting pre trial hearings, and presenting the case to a jury.
• Completed over 50 felony and misdemeanor trials.
• Supervised junior prosecutors.