John Scrudato Iv
Attorney at Law
- Business Formation Consults
- Corporate Formation
- Delaware Incorporation
- Founders Agreement
- Operating Agreement
- Convertible Debt
- Convertible Note
- Equity Financing
- SAFE Document
- Securities Regulations
- Seed Financing
- Series Financing
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Subscription Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Venture Debt
- Other Securities & Finance Matter
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
Oct 2016 - Jan 2018
• Led due-diligence and coordinated foreign counsel diligence for underwriter-side tech IPO
• Drafted financing documents, edited pro forma, and coordinated with investors for $300M Series E Financing and Tender Offer of private Company with $1+ Billion valuation.
• Closed numerous VC financings from Series Seed to Series E.
• Represented a client acquired by Nokia for more than $100M.
Aug 2015 - Dec 2016
• Worked with principals at Mercury Fund and Invest Detroit to screen venture capital investments, conduct due diligence, and build financial models for investments in alternative finance, connected vehicles, and the internet of things.
Mac Arthur Corporation
Tauber Operations Consultant
May 2014 - Aug 2014
• Collaborated with Mac Arthur's CEO to develop a go-to-market strategy to enter the high- growth, printed electronics space.
• Researched emerging manufacturing processes for printed electronics, identified the best-fit, and successfully implemented pilot production of a printed electronic sensor.
Detroit Venture Partners
May 2013 - Jul 2013
• Assisted with investment due diligence and screening process.
• Assisted with portfolio company operations and management, including product design, market research, and customer discovery.
Connecticut Technology Council
May 2012 - Aug 2012
• Analyzed thousands of venture capital deals; contacted, approached and interviewed over 20 Connecticut-based VCs to benchmark the State's funding climate against hotspots such as Silicon Valley and Boston.
• Drafted final 50-page report used by stakeholders to help CTC implement the $5 million "Innovation Ecosystem" initiative.
Scaled Liquid Systems
Oct 2010 - Aug 2012
• Developed a modular design for a scalable, high-efficiency rack mount server cooling system which led to the creation of the company and a provisional patent.
• Identified funding sources and co-wrote business plan, resulting in selection for a $200,000 technology commercialization package from the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund.
• Pitched to numerous VCs and received $65,000 in seed funding.