Attorney at Law
CA, MA, NY
"Enjoyed working with Ritu very much."
She is licensed in California, New York, and Massachusetts. Her practice areas include business law; commercial contracts; consumer finance law; securities law; and healthcare law. She has 15 years of experience counseling large companies, as well as start-ups, small businesses and individuals.
Ritu values partnering with her clients in helping them effectively handle all legal matters related to their business. She lives in… read more Los Angeles and represents clients throughout the U.S.
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Release of Liability
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Buying & Selling Commercial Real Estate
- Buying & Selling Residential Real Estate
- Commercial Lease
- Construction Contract
- Home Owner Associations
- Property Management Contract
- Purchase & Sale Agreement (Commercial)
- Real Estate Foreclosure
- Real Estate Investment Compliance
- Residential Lease
- Tenant Dispute
- Tenant Eviction
- Other Real Estate Matter
- Outside General Counsel
"Enjoyed working with Ritu very much."
"Ritu is very responsive, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with!"
"Ritu has been terrific. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She has been very helpful, knowledgeable and very supportive. In short ... wonderful!"
"Fast and great to work with as always!"
"Ritu was awesome! Very responsive and knowledgable. Would highly recommend."
"Ritu has been excellent and extremely helpful. Her command of the legalities of Business Agreements is outstanding and her advice on these matters in general has been very insightful - I've learned a lot! I would highly recommend her. Paul M"
Ritu Hasan Consulting
Jan 2016 - Present
• Clients include individuals and small businesses.
• Work remotely with little supervision in providing client's with high-level legal support.
• Collaborate with clients to assist in structuring business deals.
• Prepare, revise and negotiate agreements.
Bank of America
Apr 2011 - Oct 2015
• Seconded by Blank Rome to Bank of America and served as the bank's in-house legal counsel 2011-2015.
• Drafted and negotiated variety of complex agreements.
• Developed and implemented corporate policies and procedures.
• Assisted in building relationships with state AG offices and CFPB.
• Investigated and resolved legally sensitive consumer complaints.
• Advised on mortgage legal issues.
Mar 2009 - Feb 2011
• Served on executive leadership team and was voting member of Senior Staff.
• Drafted and negotiated agreements including employment contracts, vendor agreements, leases, purchase agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
• Analyzed issues under the federal anti-kickback statute.
• Implemented corporate policies, procedures and training.
• Legal review of sales and marketing material.
Loeb & Loeb
Aug 2008 - Feb 2009
• Reviewed asset and stock purchase agreements for mergers and acquisitions.
• Prepared term sheets and letters of intent.
• Drafted and negotiated various types of commercial agreements.
• Prepared franchise agreements, applications and disclosure documents.
• Analyzed California and Federal privacy laws.
Apr 2004 - Aug 2008
• Analyzed issues under the federal securities laws and consumer lending laws.
• Prepared prospectuses, semi-annual reports and annual reports.
• Drafted and negotiated contracts including broker-dealer agreements, investment advisory contracts, retail installment contracts and loan agreements.
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Jan 2002 - May 2002
• Analyzed regulatory issues affecting mutual fund subsidiaries of banks.
• Prepared a memorandum that evaluated benefits of Federal Reserve membership.