Christopher L Fong
Attorney at Law
I am an attorney with experience negotiating and structuring digital, film, TV, and music deals. I have spent the past five years drafting language for technology contracts, fostering partnerships for large entertainment media companies, and recognizing copyright and trademark issues for digital products. I have established a proven track record of successfully reviving and developing entertainment products for the new media market. I am also adept at managing corporate relationships with top tier online companies.
Outside of my corporate legal experience, I have worked in digital mobile marketing by… read more founding my own interactive media company.
WAV Media Inc.
Mar 2017 - Present
Oversee all legal & business affairs for new mobile music video live stream platform (owned by Line Corp).
• Talent Deals & Production – Structure revenue deals with tier 1 artists. Oversee all production, content licensing, and distribution.
• Legal Drafting, Risk, & Compliance – Draft all legal forms, manage business legal risk, and ensure worldwide legal compliance with various governmental law
Sep 2015 - Jan 2016
Oversee legal affairs for video game publisher. (Entire legal department restructured in 2016).
• Legal Drafting – Draft and structure interactive deals, technology licenses, and longform agreements.
• Technology – Handle issues involving Software/Hardware Vendor Agreements, Security, and Privacy.
Director of Business & Legal Affairs
Jul 2014 - May 2015
Oversee business and legal affairs for toy content in development, production, and distribution.
• Negotiating, Co-financing,& Distribution – Negotiate deals for fifty TV shows, musicals, and films.
• Licensing, Clearance, & Consumer Products – License products, content, and merchandise worldwide.
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Jun 2008 - Nov 2013
Responsible for negotiating new media and technology rights for film/TV/digital productions
• Licensing & Sales - Acted as music & technology liaison for content, from development to production to distribution in all applicable territories. Licensed and sell library music rights to third party productions.
• Negotiating - Negotiated with external counsel for major/indie music publishers, and recor