Attorney at Law
Prior to that, I was in-house counsel at two Massachusetts companies leading one through a successful merger and acquisition, managed contract negotiations for a new civilian aerospace project,… read more and was a partner in a creditors rights law firm.
"I have known Mr. Barth since the Fall of 1978. He has appeared before me at least 25 times. He has always been well prepared and in complete command of the facts and the law of his cases."
"In addition to excellent legal skills and an incisive analytical approach, Mr. Barth demonstrated that he was able to deal well with a number of different people. He came to ITT Hartford and met with out business people, discussed the strategy of our matter and presented various approaches to take, capably prepared our witnesses for the trial we thought inevitable but which in fact, he was able to avoid through settlement negotiation."
Dr. Mark Friedman Ltd.
Dec 2002 - Apr 2007
Trademark matters in USPTO and Israel Trademark Office: draft registration applications, research and draft Responses to Office Actions, counsel clients and respond to trademark objections and interference claims
Dartmouth Building Supply Inc.
Counsel / Credit Manager
Feb 1999 - Oct 2002
(Dartmouth, MA) Counsel 1999 - 2002
• Provide general counsel to company with emphasis on real estate and finance transactions and credit operations
• Supervise Risk Management by documenting claims, file necessary reports, and institute prevention programs and methods as required
Jet Spray International Corp.
Feb 1996 - May 1999
• Drafted, analyzed and negotiated global distribution agreements for juice and hot beverage dispensing machines’ strategic/joint marketing initiatives
• Merger & Acquisition team leader; managed due diligence (acquired by IMI Cornelius)
• Negotiated and managed equipment lease agreements
Israel Aerospace Industries Ltc.
Jul 1994 - May 1995
• Negotiated and drafted international procurement agreements including IP provisions, ISO ratings & FAR compliance
• Integrated technical, commercial & corporate management input
• Advised vendor selection committees on RFP and RFQ evaluation and strategy
• Drafted memoranda of understanding and agreement to close negotiations
• Monitored supplier compliance through critical phases