Trademark and Video Game Attorney
"Ryan has been an indispensable part of our startup. He has been there for us day and night to meet our uncertainties with confident guidance and support. When launching our first product he helped us figure out what battles were worth fighting, where the easy wins are, and at we should just leave alone. Getting our product out the door would not have been possible without him."
"Being a low budget indie game developer, it can feel overwhelming to deal with the legalities of creating a game, but it is an absolute necessity. After doing a fair amount of research we decided to give Ryan a shot and I can sincerely say he has exceeded our expectations in every way imaginable. Ryan’s approach is completely different; He is on a much more personable level than any other lawyers we’ve encountered. Ryan has been an extremely valuable resource for us throughout our development cycle of Grimoire and I would absolutely recommend him to other developers."
The Law Offices of Ryan P. Morrison, P.C.
Jan 2014 - Present
There’s no reason a wedding photographer’s contract needs to be 18 pages, or a website’s terms of service needs to be unreadable. We understand the balance between protecting you and not scaring away a client, and we don’t want you worrying about being chased out of the app store or your neighborhood over a trademark issue.
Most importantly, we never want you to feel trapped and without help because most lawyers charge an arm and a leg just to pick up their phone.
We will help you. We offer a completely free phone or e-mail consultation where we tell you what we think you need, what we think you may want, and what we think you shouldn’t get, on top of answering any questions you may have. We speak to you in plain English, without a shroud of legalese. Give us a shout.
The Law Offices of Aaron H. Pierce
Apr 2013 - Dec 2013
· Registered a wide range of trademarks, fighting the appeal cases when necessary.
· Gained valuable experience drafting a range of different contracts.
· Tasked with drafting operating agreements for many different businesses.
· Filed numerous documents with both state and federal Courts.
· Assisted in the filing and upkeep of liquor licenses for prominent NYC bars.
· Conducted thorough research on a broad range of issues.
Large Animal Games
Business and Legal Affairs
Nov 2011 - Jun 2013
· Successfully registered the NOMSTERS trademark. Serial Number: 85584663.
· Succeeded in registering the KRONO trademark. Serial Number: 85791676
· Tasked with drafting and sending cease and desist letters to owners of infringing material and stolen domain names.
· Aided in evaluation of various metrics associated with promotions and sales.
· Charged with creating promotions and increasing social media insights.
· Negotiate contracts and fees associated with game promotion.
· Aid in maintaining positive customer relationships within a large player community.
IGDA New York
Assistant Event Coordinator
Nov 2011 - Nov 2012
· Implemented various game industry events with the goal of unifying and strengthening the community.
· Reach out to various developers and garner interest for the International Game Developers Association.