Attorney at Law
NJ, CA, NY
This attorney has not yet submitted a bio.
The Kleyman Firm
Dec 2011 - Present
Oversee the Employment Law, Commercial Law and Litigation practice in the firm, with an emphasis on overseeing all legal affairs, including litigation, board activities, corporate governance, contract and employment matters for all our corporate clients.
Act on behalf of employers, with emphasis on the protection of proprietary information and the litigation of restrictive covenants, as well
Law Offices of Kleyman & Associates
Aug 2005 - Dec 2011
• Assisted attorneys in the firm during arbitration claims and cases dealing with trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract, defamation, fraud, retaliation, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and race, age, gender and disability discrimination.
• Assist multiple attorneys in a multi-specialty firm with all aspects of civil and appellate practice, including preparing memoranda, reviewing trial records and researching, preparing, editing and evaluating written briefs for Motions to the court.
• Conduct client intakes for bankruptcy, commercial litigation, as well as contested matrimonial matters. Conduct investigations and interviews; research and draft memoranda for pending cases. Including, complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy chapter 7 adversary proceedings and contested divorce child custody as well as maintenance petitions.
• Counseling employers on policies regarding employee divorce litigation and the effects it has on employer corporations.
• Prepare summary judgment motions and motions to dismiss, discovery requests and replies for complex commercial litigation cases. Prepare contracts, licensing agreements, assist in negotiations of commercial business sales and matrimonial disputes.
Aug 2010 - Dec 2010
• Represented political asylum applicants in immigration proceedings before Asylum Officers, Immigration Judges, and the Board of Immigration Appeals. Conducted client interviews and assessed validity of their claims, researched country conditions and applicable laws, and solicited expert testimony. Drafted affidavits and immigration documents for filing with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
• Represented multiple clients on Election Day for voter’s rights.
• Conducted client hearings and interviews.
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Supervised the entry of 4,000 cases transferred from Kleyman & Associates into the "Baker" in-house database. Assisted in a multi-million dollar pharmaceutical class-action.