Outside general counsel, corporate, securities, commercial transactions
He has extensive experience with commercial transactions, contracts and agreements, securities law, intellectual property, corporate governance, financing transactions, and startups and growing companies.
Doug holds degrees from University of Michigan Law School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, and Harvard College.
- Affiliate Agreement
- Business Consulting Agreement
- Distribution Agreement
- Equipment Lease
- Licensing Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Manufacturing Agreement
- Marketing Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (Commercial)
- Profit Share Agreement
- Publishing Agreement
- Release of Liability
- SaaS Agreement
- Sales Agreement
- Service Agreement
- Terms of Service
- User Agreement
- Other Commercial Contract Matter
- Outside General Counsel
- 501(c) or 501(c)3 Compliance
- Non-Profit Formation
- Non-Profit Fundraising
- Other Non-Profit Matter
"Our law office retained Douglas to serve as our co-counsel in a transaction involving a NYC financial database company and a Hong Kong-based private equity firm. This transaction had very tight deadlines, and presented several thorny legal and business issues. We retained Douglas’ services because of his exceptional reputation as someone who understands both intellectual property law and international business. Douglas’ performance exceeded our expectations. Douglas’ brilliant intellect, combined with his practical understanding of law and business, led to a successful completion of the transaction."
Posted on Apr 18, 2016
"Douglas Park has one of the most, if not the most, impressive backgrounds as a leading authority in technology start-ups in all facets of legal matter. He helped us with making changes to our corporate charter and bylaws and refining our product. It was truly an honor and pleasure for our company to be receiving the highest level of strategic and legal counsel from Doug."
Posted on Apr 18, 2016
Tessellation Capital Management, LLC
General Counsel and Senior Advisor
Feb 2016 - Present
Advise on legal, compliance, corporate governance, and fundraising for a value focused, private equity fund.
Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
Director, Legal Policy and Outreach
Oct 2013 - Feb 2016
• Served as primary resource to the company’s leadership on securities law, corporate governance, and legal implications of SASB’s innovative sustainability accounting standards
• Provided legal advice on risk management, product development, cybersecurity, data privacy, marketing, content creation, social media, brand, and external communications
Jul 2012 - Sep 2013
Helped board members, investors, entrepreneurs, and general counsel achieve their business goals by helping them address issues that span corporate governance and compliance, commercial transactions, contracts, financing transactions, corporate law, securities law, SEC filings, M&A, and strategy.
Examples of companies represented include SaaS, cloud services, robotics, and online video.
Founder and Principal
Feb 2009 - Jun 2012
• Served as outside general counsel to companies, providing practical solutions to issues in business development, product development, intellectual property, and risk management
• Drafted and negotiated a wide range of agreements, including distribution, partnership, and licensing agreements.
• Counseled and closed deals, including financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
Cotchett, Pitre and McCarthy
Aug 2005 - Jan 2009
Produced motions, briefs, and dispositive arguments in securities litigation (including class actions and shareholder derivative suits); antitrust; unfair competition; complex commercial litigation; contract disputes; financial fraud; accounting irregularities and fraud; and intellectual property litigation.
Oct 2004 - Jun 2005
Advised clients on securities law compliance such as SEC no-action requests and Form 10-Q, 8-K, and Section 16 filings, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions for private and public companies, intellectual property, contracts, and general corporate matters. Clients included online media, life sciences, energy, software, hardware, and private and public companies.